Can tortoises hear and respond to hearing.

ryan57

Location (City and/or State)
PA
In my very short tortoise experience it’s like this:

Situation 1: I just heard my giant and I need something or want to do something. If so then confirm with a visual.
Situation 2: I just heard my giant and I don’t need anything. Promptly ignore said giant.
Situation 3: I just heard my giant and I don’t want to go in because I am busy being a tortoise. Proceed straight to ignore mode.
Situation 4: go to an area where I darn well know my giant always picks me up there. Response -when the giant gets close act like you were there to eat some grass. This is Stump’s specialty.
Situation 5: take a hammer and get on the roof and start banging. Response? WWIII is upon us.

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
In my very short tortoise experience it’s like this:

Situation 1: I just heard my giant and I need something or want to do something. If so then confirm with a visual.
Situation 2: I just heard my giant and I don’t need anything. Promptly ignore said giant.
Situation 3: I just heard my giant and I don’t want to go in because I am busy being a tortoise. Proceed straight to ignore mode.
Situation 4: go to an area where I darn well know my giant always picks me up there. Response -when the giant gets close act like you were there to eat some grass. This is Stump’s specialty.
Situation 5: take a hammer and get on the roof and start banging. Response? WWIII is upon us.
I’ll give it to you. My experience is pretty consistent with this!