Can you ID? Is this a sulcata tortoise?

Mortis_thetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
west central Florida
UPDATE:
No luck yet with the signs on the light poles. I placed a craigslist ad:
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/laf/5922320931.html

I also know now that he is a TORTOISE and not a turtle. He has been eating yellow squash, cucumber, carrot, and hibisus leaves (a lot) and he also crapped a BUNCH...so I think he is healthy. I put him in a kiddy pool with warm water in the sun for a bit.
I then let him wander around the backyard for 2 hours...he seems to be OK....just need the owner now as family is falling for him...

Also, what is the best stuff oput in his cardboard box? Ols leaves? Dirt? Old flanel pajamas?

Help me out here! :)

im gpong to check out your ad a neighbor lost one a few months ago. im in tampa as well ! cheers to that !

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum.

Anything new with "your" cute tort?

Winzlow

UPDATE:
No reponse to ads yet. He remains active and I think happy (although he looks like he is frowning). He continues to eat the squash, cucumber, hibiscus leaf mix. I did get a larger box - so there is that...
We wandered the backyard in the morning sun after he woke up (he is a late sleeper - woke at about 8am) - he also seemed a bit grouchy for about 30 min....almost offered him a cup of coffee (not really).
Now, he is scratching at the sides of the box. I will feed him in about an hour.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
UPDATE:
No reponse to ads yet. He remains active and I think happy (although he looks like he is frowning). He continues to eat the squash, cucumber, hibiscus leaf mix. I did get a larger box - so there is that...
We wandered the backyard in the morning sun after he woke up (he is a late sleeper - woke at about 8am) - he also seemed a bit grouchy for about 30 min....almost offered him a cup of coffee (not really).
Now, he is scratching at the sides of the box. I will feed him in about an hour.
Don't you just love those cute frowny faces?! Keep in mind that too much cucumber can make his poop runny.

C&J

ohio
Thanks guys- I didn't mean to hack into ur conversion I am brand new at the process....my bad!!!:oops:

Taco*mom

Thanks guys- I didn't mean to hack into ur conversion I am brand new at the process....my bad!!!:oops:
Don't worry C&J, been there done that. Besides, not everyone minds some questions popped here and there. We love answering questions here