Can you see the sex of Egyptian which is from late 2018

zovick

10 Year Member!
I at first thought you had only one tortoise, but when you mention two different weights, there must be two tortoises. The third photo appears to be a different tortoise than the one in the first two pictures upon closer examination. The third one pictured looks as though it could possibly be a female.

Kimie

Location (City and/or State)
Danmark
I at first thought you had only one tortoise, but when you mention two different weights, there must be two tortoises. The third photo appears to be a different tortoise than the one in the first two pictures upon closer examination. The third one pictured looks as though it could possibly be a female.

sorry that's two yes. Is it a good idea when Hamm opens again to buy two more so chances are greater for male and female?

zovick

10 Year Member!
sorry that's two yes. Is it a good idea when Hamm opens again to buy two more so chances are greater for male and female?
Yes, if you can buy two more it will increase the probability that you will have at least one of either sex in the group of four. It would also be a good idea to buy the next two from a different breeder than the first two so that their incubation temperature may have been a bit different from the temperature the first breeder used. Additionally, you are more likely get ones which are not related to the ones you already have.

Kimie

Danmark
Yes, if you can buy two more it will increase the probability that you will have at least one of either sex in the group of four. It would also be a good idea to buy the next two from a different breeder than the first two so that their incubation temperature may have been a bit different from the temperature the first breeder used. Additionally, you are more likely get ones which are not related to the ones you already have.
I think it might be a good idea to get some new blood yes

Kimie

Danmark
Can i get them scan by a veterinarian and get 100% response to the sex. Or is it a crazy idea

zovick

10 Year Member!
Can i get them scan by a veterinarian and get 100% response to the sex. Or is it a crazy idea
There are reptile veterinarians who can determine the sex of young tortoises by a surgical procedure called endoscopy. Here in the US, the best vets performing this procedure require the young tortoise to be 110 g. in weight AND at least 10 months old before having the endoscopy done for the results to be reliable.

I don't know if there are reptile vets in or near Denmark who can do this procedure for you or not. Warning: it is rather costly.

Kimie

Danmark
There are reptile veterinarians who can determine the sex of young tortoises by a surgical procedure called endoscopy. Here in the US, the best vets performing this procedure require the young tortoise to be 110 g. in weight AND at least 10 months old before having the endoscopy done for the results to be reliable.

I don't know if there are reptile vets in or near Denmark who can do this procedure for you or not. Warning: it is rather costly.

I've found a veterinarian who can, they say. But it is a little too expensive, so I can buy some more instead. And it actually looks like I have both genders

zovick

10 Year Member!
I've found a veterinarian who can, they say. But it is a little too expensive, so I can buy some more instead. And it actually looks like I have both genders
That is good.

Kimie

Danmark
How do you see the difference between the sexes? Need a trained eye or is there an indication