cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Wrong again, not all extra scute torts are female

Janelle Green

Colorado
My girl is 5inches right now and is showing signs of female so I call her s girl named her Foxy and this male is 5inches as well with long tail and caved in bottom. I have pictures posted on a forum and a lot of people said Foxy is a female ❤️

Janelle Green

Colorado
Well once my RF starts eating all its food than they'll all be doing great. Russians are doing awesome though so healthy the yearlings are growing , one was a lot smaller than the other when I got them and now has gotten bigger I feed them serpately and have a divider in middle of their enclosure so I can separate them .i am just trying to learn the most I can to give my tortoises the best care I'm sorry if I seemed rude but wasn't trying to be just their sex doesn't matter to me i just call them what I think they are right now . I know my male Russian is a male 100% the yearlings are way to small still but I call them my girls still and if their boys they'll be my boys or whatever I just love them all ❤️Their my therapy so relaxing to be with them outside and I love caring for things I have a lot of animals you'd have no idea though I keep my house spotless . OCD problem lol I have 2 young monsters running around I'm a stay at home mom and just care for all my kids all day it's my favorite thing to do ❤️

Janelle Green

Colorado
Does anyone know where I can order some cactus pads ? Or how could I grow them ? Live in Colorado and I can't find them anywhere

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Mexican tienda type grocers usually have them. I've also seen them at Winco and Wal-Mart

Janelle Green

Colorado
Is there anyway I can grow my own indoors? I always have a small indoor veggie garden going and want to add the torties favorites

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I don't know about growing them, but I do know that 3 of my six will eat cactus pad.

Janelle Green

Colorado
I don't know about growing them, but I do know that 3 of my six will eat cactus pad.
I looked online and it's super easy to grow them in going to order a few spineless prickly pear cactus plants I think that'll be cheaper

Ed mitch

Omg she just had a bath and now is eating !! I am so happy I did a little dance ☺️ Finally warming up to us and fresh food. I also think having my humidity set perfect now helped to because when I first got her I had no idea I was getting her my husband surprised me so for few days I had to spray her enclosure down and that didn't work I also had 3 water dishes and plants still at 60 so think now it's at 83 for 4 days straight she's becoming active again and eating
Great news!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Omg she just had a bath and now is eating !! I am so happy I did a little dance ☺️ Finally warming up to us and fresh food. I also think having my humidity set perfect now helped to because when I first got her I had no idea I was getting her my husband surprised me so for few days I had to spray her enclosure down and that didn't work I also had 3 water dishes and plants still at 60 so think now it's at 83 for 4 days straight she's becoming active again and eating
See? That's GREAT news, Janelle. It did not even take that much time. Well done.

Janelle Green

Colorado
See? That's GREAT news, Janelle. It did not even take that much time. Well done.
Today she was picky and didn't eat much :( can't wait for the mazuri to come in . I contacted the place my husband got her from at repticon but they have yet to get back to me on what they were feeding her