Can't Open Eyes - Baby! HELP!

Lady Thompson

5 Year Member
he woke up and ate a bit again. phew. His eyes are open now but small. And of course, he rubs them a lot and blinks a lot. He is investigating the spagnum moss. He tried to eat it but then didn't. I think he just wanted to know what it was. I can't believe how stressed out I am by all this!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Well, starting to eat is a good sign.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
You should get some saline solution from the store and start putting that in his eyes twice a day, it may help him with any discomfort.

Lady Thompson

5 Year Member
You should get some saline solution from the store and start putting that in his eyes twice a day, it may help him with any discomfort.
Thank you. Yes I have and am doing this already, but good suggestion. :)

Good news :) the little guy has perked up and his eyes are open!!!! He is currently having a carrot bath and he keeps looking at me. He isn't 100% but I'm hoping this means he is on the road to recovery. I have him on orchid bark and I had to take away the moss because I actually was allergic to it. good grief. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Thompson

5 Year Member
I woke him up a while ago and his eyes opened pretty quickly. He doesn't seem to be scratching at them or blinking as much. Woot! I had to take out the orchid bark and moss due to my allergies. So he just has towels and paper towels for now. BUT I'm going to get some Top Soil. I found a place that sells it without fertilizers, etc.

So hopefully that will work out. I also ordered online coconut chips/husk as opposed to the coir which is more fine and was in his eyes. Not sure if this was the cause of his eye issues, I sort of doubt it and think as you all have said it was most likely that stupid coil bulb.

Anyhow, I think he is doing better and I hope he can recover completely. He'll have another carrot bath later!

tryme

5 Year Member
London
Just read this whole thread and I'm glad to hear your tort is on the mend! Good work