Can't wait for the new boxie eggs to hatch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oakland, Oregon
4 of my five boxies have laid eggs since New Years. I was shocked.
Now.... I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D :D :D

Not all the eggs were fertile. But, I have one that should hatch any day... I can feel him move when you touch the edge of the egg!! Almost as exciting as feeling your baby move for the first time when you are pregnant..... Today is day 54.....

The other picture you see is only just over 2 weeks along and is progressing nicely. :p :p :p

I just had to share the pictures I took and spread the joy....

:tort: Dawn :tort:

Attachments

• 2012-02-21_20-17-27_442[1].jpg
    2012-02-21_20-17-27_442[1].jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 2012-02-21_20-18-13_691[1].jpg
    2012-02-21_20-18-13_691[1].jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 62

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
pryncesssc said:
Wow SOO beautiful ! Congrats :):):)

Thank You! I check on them several times a day. Just waiting for the shell to start cracking....
Also FYI -I just saw your post with your new baby. It sounds like you are doing good. ;) But, I have to agree. i feed my hatchling and young juveniles daily and as much as they want. They need to grow and get all the nutrients they can. :D The best of luck to you too.. :p

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
turtlemann2 said:
yes yes im excited for you and myself :) especially seeing as were both having oregon hatched boxie turts,

I think we are both going to have some beautiful lil guys. The minute I see a crack or a nose I will be posting pics. guaranteed! Have you tried candling yours with a light yet? I bet you would see veins by now.... Just be very careful..... I wanna know......:shy::shy: haha

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
nope not yetim going to go out and buy a little mag light here the next time im at the store, seeing as though i dont have such a fancy phone :) or lighting set up

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
foxboysracing said:
Thank You! I check on them several times a day. Just waiting for the shell to start cracking....
Also FYI -I just saw your post with your new baby. It sounds like you are doing good. ;) But, I have to agree. i feed my hatchling and young juveniles daily and as much as they want. They need to grow and get all the nutrients they can. :D The best of luck to you too.. :p

Yes I do feed her daily now and she always has some left over ! She even eats a few of the greens or veggies that I mix in ! She has gone from 42 grams to 51 grams in a month ! Shes a active piggy :)

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
Yes I do feed her daily now and she always has some left over ! She even eats a few of the greens or veggies that I mix in ! She has gone from 42 grams to 51 grams in a month ! Shes a active piggy Smile

~~ Wonderful!! Sounds like a regular piggy!! ~~
Ironically, I wish that was such a good feature with us too. :( haha

Dawn

turtlemann2 said:
nope not yet im going to go out and buy a little mag light here the next time im at the store, seeing as though i dont have such a fancy phone :) or lighting set up

Sounds good... Let me know when you have pix. :)
funny thing about the fancy phone....lol... I bought it off a friend super cheap when she cancelled her plan. $50 for a $300 phone that I would NEVER have bought.... $300 is WAY too much for a phone for me. That is serious turtle money there.... I would much rather get a turtle.... haha

Still no cracking egg yet...... Very impatiently waiting here :)

turtlemann2 said:
Oink Oink :p

Are you going to the turtle show in Hillsboro this weekend? It's fun. :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
yeah no kidding, i buy alot of "quality" stuff american made and to last a long long time but i also buy "crap" my phone of which may get lost stolen fall in the river while fishing is "crap" lol id never spend over MAYBE 100$ for a phone and thats ALOT ;)

i wasnt aware of any turtle convention? hillsboro huh? have any details about it?

cant wait to see your baby pictures :)

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
turtlemann2 said:
yeah no kidding, i buy alot of "quality" stuff american made and to last a long long time but i also buy "crap" my phone of which may get lost stolen fall in the river while fishing is "crap" lol id never spend over MAYBE 100$ for a phone and thats ALOT ;)
I haven't spent more than $100 on a phone either.... I had my last phone for 3 years, which in cell phone land, I have heard makes them ancient.... lol... but I liked it, so it worked for me...

i wasn't aware of any turtle convention? hillsboro huh? have any details about it?
Yea, it comes twice a year to Portland. It is all weekend, tomorrow and Sunday from 10-5 at the Hillsboro fairgrounds. I drive up to it every time. It is $7 to get in and has a bunch of vendors. They usually have several vendors with turtles, Terrapins, and tortoises, snakes, snakes, more snakes, worms, alligators, birds, frogs, reptile supplies, horse rides, and usually some type of large exotic animals like behemoth snakes you can hold, mountain lions, tigers, giraffes, etc. It's not huge, but fun to spend an hour or two walking around, and a great place if you are looking for a new turtle for your family. Then of course we always stop at the Spaghetti Factory on the way home and its a fun day for all. You can google - unique animal hillsboro - if you want more info. :) :)

cant wait to see your baby pictures :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
well youll have to let me know the next time its in town :( seeing as though i didnt make it up there! lol sounds more like a manajroie then anything else :)

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
Congrats! Just seeing the little eggs is really exciting, but seeing the little ones themselves is totally different! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.