Status
Not open for further replies.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Re: RE: Care of Egytian torts

Hybrid said:
My little Egyptian don't prefer to stay in his box (45cm x 60cm). Is it because the size is too small, or I probably don't place much site for it to hide?

I basically release my tortoise running free in my room.

Yes your tort is complaining that his home is far too small.

A hatchling needs something double that size... any older than that and you need to drastically increase the size for a happy and healthy tort.

Hybrid

5 Year Member
Spn785 said:
I'd say the smallest enclosure that is okay for a tortoise is 120cm x 60cm (4ft x 2ft). Honestly I would say that is only okay for a baby, but others say that is okay for an adult.

JoesMum said:
Hybrid said:
My little Egyptian don't prefer to stay in his box (45cm x 60cm). Is it because the size is too small, or I probably don't place much site for it to hide?

I basically release my tortoise running free in my room.

Yes your tort is complaining that his home is far too small.

A hatchling needs something double that size... any older than that and you need to drastically increase the size for a happy and healthy tort.

Thank you very much Spn785 and JoesMum.

I am living in a Asia where we do have a perfect temp and humidity for tortoise for outside enclosure but unfortunately I can't set up an outside enclosure because of the thieving incident happening in my locality.

Such a waste.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
You need to work out how to provide more space indoors then. Some keepers have a two tier enclosure. Have a look at the enclosures forum.

Hybrid

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
You need to work out how to provide more space indoors then. Some keepers have a two tier enclosure. Have a look at the enclosures forum.

Surely will do for the sake of my tortoise comfortability.

Will update soon the custom wooden box is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.