Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If we have anyone here on the Forum who has a good working base for taking care of the star tortoises, would you be interested in writing up a care sheet for us to add to the "important threads" here in the star section?

meh1911

5 Year Member
I don't really know much about raising stars; just got mine a couple of weeks ago. However, I edit copy for a living and would be happy to help fine-tune/edit/add clarity to anything the more experienced people on here come up with. Just pm if anyone thinks I could be of help.

Lil-Star

5 Year Member
UK
I have one but its work in progress

1.1.0 - Indian Stars

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
From everyone that I talk to that keeps them, the care is pretty much the same as for leopards. A lot of the same misconceptions from the old way to the new, and what the proper environment should be. I would house and feed them exactly the same as a leopard, but I don't have enough experience with them to back this up.

I would ask Neal, KenS, Skottip, or Tyler about this. All of them have experience with hatchlings and adults, and are helpful guys that like to share info.

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
I know Ken posted something on 7/16/13 about his enclosure setup. I think it was called "Burmese Star Hatchlings!!"

1.0 Sulcata
1.0 Russian
2.0 Sri Lankan Star
1.0 African Side Neck
1.0 Yellow Bellied Slider
1.0 Ferret
2.0 Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.