Care Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Maybe I'm not finding them, but I was thinking it may be a good idea to post gereral care sheets in each section. Species specific for each tort. For newbie to tort's like me. It would great to have all the info. in one place to read up on. Would that be possible?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Coldliz, that is definitely possible, the trouble is compiling all of that information! I've asked a couple reputable tortoise information sites if we can adopt their care sheets but most of them prefer not to let others use their sheets off-site because there can be discrepancies when they update the information.
I'm all for this idea and I think it would be a great addition to the site, but I'm not quite sure how to implement it yet. I'm open to ideas and if some more experienced owners would like to help compile the data, that'd be great.

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
Coldliz, that is a great ideia.

Josh, maybe we could start a care sheet thread on each sub-species forum, so everyone can put in info and correct eventual errors. When completed, the thread could be summarized and then pinned on top of the board. what do you all think?

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I think your idea is good Geek!

Thanks Josh for considering it.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
You could put one of those fancy shmancy disclaimers on the top of every sheet.

"The following care sheet was compiled as a cooperative effort by those who breed and own said species. The information is intended to be used by the reader at his/her discression (sp?). The forum and the contributors named and not named are hereby not held liable for any injury/death to the person or tortoise sustained or otherwise assumed/implied by following the forthcoming information.";)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Crazy1 said:
Nice disclaimer cam, is your job something in law business ???

Hehehe...I am a stay at home mom of 3 boys...a lot of negotiating goes on here;)

(before kids I was an Occupational Therapist and now I do doggie daycare/walking to help support my herp habit:shy:)

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
I did post a Hermann's Tortoise care sheet I made up in the Hermann's forum, it also has photos.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
our first demo care sheet can now be found in the Hermann's Tortoise forum care of HermanniChris (thank you so much!)

Status
Not open for further replies.