CARL CHECK THIS OUT HUGEMUNGO EGG

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Holly Molley ..... this monster was from CherryHead "Queen Elizabeth's" clutch last night ....and by far for myself hatching Redfoots the BIGGGGGESST egg I have ever seen . Carl ... do you think twins? ....I know you have experienced that ..... any clues? ....I swear it's 2x larger than any of the 70 eggs in the cooker....or for that matter the biggest redfoot egg I have ever seen ....???
JumboQLIZEGG3-11-13_zps30827d4f.jpg
JumboQLIZEGG3-11-13c_zpsc3cd76e7.jpg
JumboQLIZEGG3-11-13a_zpsa4f9f764.jpg

JD~

TotallyRad

5 Year Member
wow what a huggggeeee egg! That lil baby will certainly not be so little. Hopefully it will produce something very unique for you! (twins/2 headed?/1 biggg monster!)

Good luck and I hope its fertile! I know you will keep us updated :D:D

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I can not wait to see what comes out of there!!!! pin and needles!!!

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
I have gotten redfoot eggs larger than a jumbo chicken eggs in the past. Definitely twice as big as the average rf egg. Just get bigger babies, not more. lol

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
JD, do you have the dimensions of that egg? I've had a few very large ones like that before but unfortunately, they were all infertile.
Mine were almost like the very tiny infertile eggs you sometimes get, just much larger.

It would be neat to see a neonate pop out of that thing...and like you suggested, maybe two. But it is important to get the measurements of the egg.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Holy moly batman!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
cdmay said:
JD, do you have the dimensions of that egg? I've had a few very large ones like that before but unfortunately, they were all infertile.
Mine were almost like the very tiny infertile eggs you sometimes get, just much larger.

It would be neat to see a neonate pop out of that thing...and like you suggested, maybe two. But it is important to get the measurements of the egg.

Carl
Yes ... I have the specs: .. using calipers middle width wise 2 7/16"
tip to tip 2 5/8" ....... 70 grams.

She is my jumbo female who is very fertile and 99% hatch rate . She has never thrown an egg out like this ... strange .. but fun!
ya never know .............thanks for the input ....and comments the other day about the neo-nates~

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
WOW!!!!! I can't wait to see when it hatches. ? How common is it for twins to hatch from the same egg? Would the size indicate more than one or just one large baby?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
70 grams!!

I just put a couple of Striped Mud Turtle eggs in my incubator that weigh 5 grams each, just for comparison, haha. (no exaggeration)

Can't wait to see what you get from this egg!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'll bet its a double yolk! Interesting to see what hatches.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
One of my sulcatas popped out an unusually large egg last year, and this is bfmorris' experience with them (although I don't know if he has any experience with red foot eggs) . "Unusual egg conformation and size, in just about every configuration imaginable, is not that uncommon. What is uncommon, is to have the eggs in the unusual conformation category, successfully hatch. The same goes for the giant, normal appearing eggs. I call them super eggs; in the hundreds that I have seen, I can remember only one that hatched. This particular egg was of normal conformation but over twice the size of normal at just under three inches diameter. I've seen many like this, however, only one time, this one large perfectly spherical egg produced one very large hatchling tortoise. Eggs that fall into the unusual conformation (non spherical) category, which includes eggs that look like yours, I have never seen hatch."

I hope it does end up hatching for you though.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Eweezyfosheezy said:
One of my sulcatas popped out an unusually large egg last year, and this is bfmorris' experience with them (although I don't know if he has any experience with red foot eggs) . "Unusual egg conformation and size, in just about every configuration imaginable, is not that uncommon. What is uncommon, is to have the eggs in the unusual conformation category, successfully hatch. The same goes for the giant, normal appearing eggs. I call them super eggs; in the hundreds that I have seen, I can remember only one that hatched. This particular egg was of normal conformation but over twice the size of normal at just under three inches diameter. I've seen many like this, however, only one time, this one large perfectly spherical egg produced one very large hatchling tortoise. Eggs that fall into the unusual conformation (non spherical) category, which includes eggs that look like yours, I have never seen hatch."

I hope it does end up hatching for you though.

I hope so too. Fingers crossed that it beats the odds! :)

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
OMG!? This is so exciting! I have not been on here in awhile. I always look for your posts when I am on because I just love your pics!! I am so excited to see what comes out if there!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.