Carolina Pet Supply Customer Review

Rocky Mountain Man

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver Colorado
I want to post my negative feed back to this online retail store at http://www.carolinapetsupply.com. I have been ordering TNT supplement, tortoise mixed seeds and other products from this store in the past. I made a couple of orders this year and the experience was not very good.

First I submitted my order online for TNT supplement and received my order confirmation via Email. Yet a week past I did not receive any follow up email or phone call, or shipping notification whatsoever. I made several phone calls but could only leave message. Karen did return my phone call couple of days later and they found out somehow the order slipped through the crack and they were able to fix that, packaged and shipped to me.

I thought it was just an occasion, so continued to order NutriBac from them at the end of April this year. Worried that it may slip through the crack again and delay my order, I left a message to follow up with my order. Couple of days later Karen returned my call and told me it was in back order and it will take a week to get it ordered and then ship to me.

About a week ago I started to check on the status as Karen indicated they should be starting to ship. I have called them numerous time and left message. I then replied email with my order confirmation. None of the communication channel worked. I have got no response at all. It was just a small transaction cleared on 4/27 from my credit card but I need the NutriBAC badly. I would advise people be careful dealing with this online store.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Lots of similar and worse stories have been told. I stopped doing business with them about a year ago. It's too bad. They have a seed mix I really liked.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I have had good luck with them over the years. There was one or two orders that seems to take forever. They used to have very good customer service. It's too bad that they are having so many problems now. I like some of their products.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
In my opinion they are not a business I would like to buy from again. I have done it twice because I like their selection, though the customer service is pretty bad and very slow, answering questions is impossible, never respond....

GotTort

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
I continue to do business with them on a limited basis; I also expect order delivery to take a long time (and it does).

Rocky Mountain Man

5 Year Member
Denver Colorado
A week ago got a call back telling me to be more patient as they have not got their order in yet. So after a month being charged on the credit card for the order, I still do not know if and when I will receive the product. Buyers be aware!

Turtlepete

South Florida
Good products at decent prices. Terrible customer service and often month-long wait times for your items to arrive with no communication from the seller.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
It's a shame this is happening at Carolina Pet Supply, I used to regularly order from them with no problems, oh well.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
I hate to hear this. As a small business owner I love supporting small businesses. I have only ordered once and thought it took a bit long to arrive but the communication was fine (I was not in a rush anyways.) What a bummer!

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
San Francisco Bay Area
I love their chia seed mix and their grazing tortoise seed mix. I echo what others have said here- I won't order "urgent" supplies from them, I don't expect much in the way of fast shipping, have never called to require customer service, and when the seeds come they all seem to sprout and my tootles love the sprouts and big plants I grow from their seeds. A bit pricey, but I need to know the seeds are coated in some type of chemical, so these seed mixes are great in the winter when I want to grow some nutritious sprouts in their habitats indoors.

GRohr

I too have bought supplies from them. I will say that they are very slow processing and shipping. I do like the products that they have and even though I know how slow they are, if it is something that I am not in a hurry for I will still buy from them. I think that their prices are fair and they stock good products.

W Shaw

I ordered from them on the 3rd (20 days ago). I still haven't received my order. Tried five or six times to contact them but they almost never pick up the phone, and don't respond to messages. FINALLY got someone to pick up. They haven't even shipped the order. Not the least bit apologetic about it either. Apparently they ran out of the product and just didn't bother to tell me.

W Shaw

An addendum to my last post -- after giving up on ever receiving my order from Carolina (still hasn't showed up), I ordered a similar item (also a proprietary blend) from the Tortoise Supply company. They shipped the same day and sent me tracking info.

jdfick

Gainesville FL
So I wish I had read these reviews here a month ago when I ordered seed. Still have no seed. No confirmation. No response to two emails. No refund of money.

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I ordered TNT, Russian Tortoise Seed Mix, and 200 Kale seeds from them on February 2nd (17 days ago) I got the order confirmation on the day I ordered, and nothing since. I spent about 35 dollars, am looking forward to receiving the seeds so I can plant a little garden and grow plants for the tortoises, but am kind of scared something happened though and don't like the length of waiting for the purchase. Great products and prices, however can't stand the time waiting and hope my orders didn't slip through.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's a shame.
They sell good products. (I've bought seeds from them myself)
But the same crappy service as they suffered from years ago when this post started.