Carolina Pet Supply's TNT with probiotics. Just bought some, and here are my results

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vacaville, CA
For those of you who are not familiar with this product, it's essentially a mixture of many important weeds, grasses, flowers, and the like... dried and turned into a powder. You can then sprinkle it on your damps greens that your tortoises already love to eat, and they can get all the nutrients that they need at the same time. My personal opinion on it, is that the less man-made vitamins that I have to give them, the better. This product takes all the hassle out of tracking down various grasses and cutting them up and trying to slip them into my babies' food.

Here is what's in it:
ingredients:
barley grass powder
Roselle powder (Hibiscus)
dandelion leaf powder
plantain leaf powder
wheat grass powder
chickweed powder
raspberry leaf powder
rose hip powder
spirulina
chlorella
and more...
OPTIONAL...Professional Grade Probiotics with microencapsulated (so more survive the digestive process and end up in the intestines where they are needed) beneficial bacteria

My experience:
I got the larger bag, and I also chose the added probiotics for $1 extra, since my larger Sully hasn't been eating much, or pooing as often as he used to, as well as hitting a plateau in his weight and growth. The powder smells very strong, which is awesome, because my 2 sulcatas always come running for food when it's stronger smelling, like Mazuri. And just a pinch will do for my two 6 month old's food every day. They eat it right up, without any hesitation, and they even seem a bit more enthusiastic about their eating.

Result:
It's hard to say for sure if it's solely because of the TNT, but both Tortoises have gotten an increased growth rate in the last week, since I started feeding them with the TNT. Pepé was at 152g, and is now at 173. Elbie was a rescue that was underweight and gaining at a rate of about 2g/week, now she is at about 6g/week. She was 54g and is now 60g. I've also noticed that they eat ALL of what I leave them in the mornings, and always want a bit more once I get home. The last few weeks before this, they didn't even finish their food at all. Along with all this food, I'm getting an appropriate increase in Poos. Elbie seems more energetic, and moves as fast as she should now, as well.

I did make a change in lighting in their cage, about a week before I started using the TNT, but the real major measurable changes came after I started the TNT, not necessarily with the light. I changed from a regular heat bulb and a 2nd UV tube light, to a Mercury Vapor bulb for both.

****BONUS****
Right now at www.CarolinaPetSupply.com you can get this stuff with free shipping. I bought some grazing grass seeds with mine, so I had to pay shipping, but if you just want some TNT, go grab some, $15 worth of the big bag will last you a really long time.

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Vacaville, CA
Here's my tortoises, for reference.
gx0iV.jpg

6NUSd.jpg

Aw7rX.jpg

lVjJK.jpg

And here is Elbie the day I got her. She could barely stand up and moved at like 1/8th normal speed. (Pepé was scared of her at first)
[ing]http://i.imgur.com/sQo5D.jpg[/img]

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Love the stuff. dust it on 2-3x per week (on their favorite green/weed, usually raddiccio, then mix with the rest). Definitely with probiotics.
Peeeete (sorry, not sure about your name, lol), per the supplier's directions, I took 1/2 and froze it. The other 1/2 is in the plastic bag in the fridge door. Should last a year that way.
All 4 of my tort poops, are, well, stupendous: formed and healthy.
The only other supplement is a cuttle bone.
Good idea to post this!
(right now, seed mixes are free shipping at the same site).

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Vacaville, CA
RE: Carolina Pet Supply's TNT with probiotics. Just bought some, and here are my res

Oh, I'll have to freeze half of it then, or maybe separate it into thirds, since i'm just feeding two six month olds.

Their poops are more solid than ever, and a dark green. And they are HUGE. Hahaha... Overall both of my babies seem healthier than ever.

Thanks for the heads up about the free shipping on grass seeds. My only complaint about my order was that the cheapest shipping option was $11 for just those 2 items, and when it came, it was in a $5 flat rate box from the USPS... Should have waited til this week, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.