Carrot baby food soaks

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I recently took a trip to Calif and had a new neighbor care for my animals. She did a good job, but the CHE in with several box turtles quit working and I had 3 box turtles with swollen closed eyes and not eating when I got home.
100_5546.JPG
So I immediately started with the carrot food soaks.
100_5548.JPG
So I think it's almost 4 weeks I have been doing the carrot food soaks daily, and forgetting they were soaking at times, so they were soaked for long periods of time, at times. All 3 have open eyes and 2 are eating now.
Several TFO members have questioned me about the soaks and just don't believe they work. But this is an excellent example that they DO work. I thought one of them was going to die, but all 3 have improved. I really don't know what happened to them, I'm not real sure the heat loss did this, all I really know is I soaked 3 sick turtles in baby food daily for a month or so, and all 3 are better.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am glad they are better, I believe in carrots soaks

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Thank you!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Wow, I'm sure they are a friend of course and thankfully they were able to step up for you but sick turtles isn't doing a good job to me but I don't know that too many non-turtle people who would be checking temps like we might.....either way, I'm super-happy for you that they are all doing well now! Kudos!

jeff