CB 2013 Redfoot hatchling sale! $75 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelledfriends

10 Year Member!
Captive bred 2013 Redfoot tortoise hatchlings (Chelonoidis carbonaria)

Species: Redfoot tortoises are one of the best 'pet' tortoise species you will ever come across. They are hardy and tolerant of a wide range of environmental conditions. Adults are usually about 12”-15” long and when maintained in a humid environment they are gorgeous to look at. This species does NOT hibernate so please take that into consideration when deciding if this species is right for you. Once they recognize their keeper they will curiously check you out when you are in their enclosure to see if you have any treats for them, make sure you keep your toes covered ;-)

Enclosure: Outdoor housing whenever possible is the best way to go. These tortoises love to roam and graze on weeds, fallen flowers and fruits and will gladly use as much space as you can provide so bigger is always better. I wouldn't house a single adult in an enclosure that is less than 8 feet by 16 feet. Hatchlings can be housed in large cement mixing tubs, stock tanks, waterland land tubs or custom made tortoise tables. When housing indoors please use a suitable substrate that will hold in moisture and help provide the necessary humidity. Also, when housed indoors you should use a good UVB bulb along with a heat bulb. Mercury vapor bulbs can be used but I don't recommend those for small enclosures.

Diet: The hatchlings are feeding on dandelion greens, clover, mulberry leaves, grape leaves, cactus pads, hibiscus leaves and flowers, cantaloupe, mushrooms, mixed berries and papaya. I do NOT use commercial pellets for hatchlings until they are 6 months old. After 6 months they receive Mazuri or Zoomed Natural tortoise pellets once a week and some animal protein once a month.

Who am I? My name is Michael. I am a software engineer by profession and conservationist by passion. I am a registered wildlife rehabilitator who focuses on native pond turtles but also handles rescue and adoption of other non-native species. I have been keeping and caring for turtles and tortoises since 2001. I breed a few species of turtles and tortoises with a heavy focus on Asian species. Selling animals is not my business. I offer captive bred hatchlings to others with the hope of getting them started with healthy well started animals so they will have a good experience and will enjoy the hobby and hopefully down the road will help with chelonian conservation.

What to expect: I am happy to answer any questions you have, before and after the transaction is over. The most important thing for me is that my hatchlings get a good home so if you are new to the hobby then I am happy to help you with every aspect of their care. E-mail is the best way to stay in touch with me but as time permits I will be happy to answer your questions via a call. My support does not stop once the hatchling reaches you and you are welcome to call me or e-mail me whenever you have any questions. I do not have a web site, yet, but please note that I am NOT in the business of selling animals. I am a hobbyist who breeds many species with the goal of making available healthy hatchlings for others to have a successful and enjoyable experience. Please see the following links for some reviews about me.

http://www.tortoisef...read-77998.html
http://tinyurl.com/pf3g984
http://tinyurl.com/o8g3n7v
http://tinyurl.com/q79vn88
http://www.faunaclas....d.php?t=401623

Guarantee: All hatchlings are guaranteed to be alive and outwardly healthy upon arrival if signed for upon delivery. Any DOA or obvious problems must be reported within an hour of delivery and will require verification by photo or return. Please note I am not responsible for any losses due to delivery delays, mistakes, or mishandling made by the carrier. IF there is a delay in delivery then I will file a claim with the carrier and if they issue a refund then I will refund the shipping cost to you.

Price: $75 each plus shipping. Two for $200 including overnight shipping. NOTE: If you have a shipping account that would allow you to get a cheaper shipping price than $50 then you are more than welcome to prepare the shipping label and send it to me. My zip code is 95954.

Shipping: I will ship via UPS or FedEX for next day arrival. Please note that if you live in a small town or remote location then even if I choose 10.30 am delivery the package might still not be delivered until later in the day. So please check with UPS and FedEx for delivery times in your location. Sorry but no USPS or second day shipping. I will e-mail you the tracking number when the package is shipped to you.

Packaging: I will always use a new box with styrofoam lining. No additional cost for the box. Cool packs will be added, free of cost, as necessary.

Payment: Paypal and postal money orders accepted. Please e-mail me for my address or paypal ID depending on what you are using.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thank you.

Important note: All hatchlings under 4" are for educational or research purposes only.

Michael R Thathuvaswamy

Attachments

• DSC_0419.jpg
    DSC_0419.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC_0420.jpg
    DSC_0420.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
Status