CB Pyxis arachnoides arachnoides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We are offering our last 2 hatchlings this season. They are off to a very good start and are from different mothers. We want them to go together or to someone that already has some Pyxis. We feel they are not a species that should be kept alone. They need every effort by us to ensure their success in captivity. We are asking $900 plus shipping for them. Please email with any questions, [email protected]. The photo is of them a couple weeks ago. We can get more photos as requested.
Both.jpg

Justin808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oahu, Hawaii
Hello,

You guys got my e-mail. I'll be ready to have these two over once things settle down after my move. Thanks!

Justin
Mililani, HI

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We need to see if shipping to Hawaii is even an option.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Tim & Robin

Those are very nice! I wish I had the time & money to get some pyxis

Hope all is well

Take care
Norman

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Last chance to get these guys. They cannot be shipped legally to Hawaii.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We are making these available again. They have grown considerably and are doing great. Shipping will depend on weather, please email [email protected] with any questions or for updated photos.

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Why could you not ship them to Hawaii??? Douglas

Did your customer not have an import permit????

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
The customer was told it was illegal to import Pyxis arachnoides arachnoides. He was told that Pyxis planicauda were acceptable, but not arachs. I would not ship them illegally.

moswen

5 Year Member
I'm sorry to be ignorant, but I always believed tortoises were solitary creatures... I've read somewhere that spider torts don't need a lot of space to be housed together (which I'm not taking for bible I'd just read it somewhere) but what have you found that makes you believe they should go together?

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
moswen said:
I'm sorry to be ignorant, but I always believed tortoises were solitary creatures... I've read somewhere that spider torts don't need a lot of space to be housed together (which I'm not taking for bible I'd just read it somewhere) but what have you found that makes you believe they should go together?

The simple fact that there are not many of these left in captivity and the wild. Captive breeding needs to be encouraged and be the ultimate goal with anyone keeping them. There are MANY other tortoises available to keep as a single pet. Spiders do not require large amounts of space for to be set up correctly.

moswen

5 Year Member
Oh, I didn't know that! So this is a breedable pair? Why don't you have to have a cbw permit for spiders like you do radiateds?

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
These are hatchlings. They are not officially listed as "Endangered", so no CBW required. I would dare say there are fewer of these in captivity and the wild than there are Radiateds.

Status
Not open for further replies.