Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Is this just too cute, or what?

cdt11-10.jpg

(I will be adopting them out in a couple weeks, as soon as I see that they're all eating)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The darker colored ones are a year old, but the lighter ones hatched in Sept and Oct of this year.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Oh wow, I think I counted 22 all together in the pix. They are cute x 22 (or more if there are more hiding).
Now what's the likelihood of them breeding w/each other and is that an ok thing for sibs to breed?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Oh..I would love more babies, but I think you live too far. I am North East of San Diego in Ramona. As soon as the babies are big enough and the old dog passes my back yard will become a CDT fortress.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They were given to me by someone here in my town who has a couple different pairs of adult CDTs. Yes, there are 22 of them! She told me that the Fish and Game knew all about her, but I really doubt that's true. She didn't seem to have a clue that it was illegal to incubate the eggs. She kept them on alfalfa pellets and hedged quite a bit when I tried to pin her down on what they're used to eating.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm in the Fresno/Clovis area. About a 5 or 6 hour drive north from San Diego.

Normally I want to do a yard inspection before I adopt out my rescues, but because these are just babies and can't go into a yard yet, I forgo the yard inspection. But no shipping.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Does anyone else in San Diego want to go on a road trip?

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I am located in Southern California and I will be making a trip to Clovis CA as soon as Yvonne is available. I am willing to pickup other TFO members CDT's but I will need to get some gas money for this mission. If anyone is interested PM me.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I hope that person stops intentionally breeding...
i must admit Im on the fence since they are an endangered species.. but since they cant be released, then it just put pressure on those already needind homes...

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Thanks VERY much for the babies, Yvonne, they are adorable! I had forgotten how teeny they are! And thanks as well to Walter for making that VERY long trip. It is greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.