Ceramic Heater with reptifogger

Pabliman

Location (City and/or State)
Naucalpan
Hi, i have a doubt that is killing me, in my tortoise terrarium i have a ceramic heater of 100 watts, and i recently bought the repti fogger of zoo med.

My doubt is if i use the repti fogger while the ceramic heater is turn on, the ceramic heater could broke or could be useless ? or it doesnt happen anything?

My terrarium is like this.11129206_960348100665570_4258200995900266249_n.jpg

the ceramic heater is in the middle below of the aluminium cap, thx in advance.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It shouldn't. Does a lot of condensation build up on it currently when the fogger is on? If sealed nice and tight the fogger only really needs to be used once or twice a day to elevate the moisture. But also keep in mind fresh air needs to be exchanged in the enclosure too. So this balance should eliminate any issues. Now if it were a dart frog setup that's really sealed and very very wet all the time then yes it may be a problem. But the ceramic is quite dense and durable and should not crack from moisture of a fogger.

Pabliman

Naucalpan
Thanks a lot for the answer Tortadise, i have two pardalis babies and one sulcata of one year, how much time do you recommend to put the fogger?

one friend said me that the best will be 20 minutes every 2 hours but i think is too much,

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks a lot for the answer Tortadise, i have two pardalis babies and one sulcata of one year, how much time do you recommend to put the fogger?

one friend said me that the best will be 20 minutes every 2 hours but i think is too much,
I'd just try it out. Fr sure you will need a humidity gauge to check it. You'd probably get away with once a day for 20-30 minutes. Maybe twice a day though. Just turn it on once and watch the gauge all day. If it drops 3-5 hours after being run then just run it again when it starts to drop. I'd look for drastic drops though and not minor. Don't want to keep it too wet for them. Especially at night when things cool off.