changes to envirnoment -

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I have a box turtle that is very outgoing and not shy or timid at all as far as boxies go. But if I make any kind of change at all to his indoor environment he spends at least a day if not more pacing and climbing the walls. Stressed out and not relaxing. And then I get stressed out too. Do your boxies react like this?

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
Mine will look around then find their water bowls after that they just go back to normal. Though most of the changes that occur in my pen are mostly related to growth of the plants and break down of logs and leaf litter.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I figured out what was bothering him yesterday anyway. When he was a baby he was raised with new Zealand long fibred sphagnum moss as his substrate. As he got older I began mixing it with some coco coir but it still always had a good amount of sphagnum moss in there. I changed his substrate yesterday but didn't have any sphagnum moss this time and he would not relax. So I had to run up to the petstore to buy some (and paid a ridiculous price). As soon as I put it in his enclosure he bedded right down and relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.