Chat thread 2.22

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Saskatchewan
See I know others have it worst, but still gotta complain. For me, I couldn't take the colder weather. I wimped out years back, when our semi jellied up. Couldn't two days off my life. I think in the past, I may have gotten a tad bit of frost bite on my fingers, because they get cold so quickly.
I can’t stand the cold weather either. I’m so grateful I am able to work from home and don’t have to go out on days like today. This winter, these temps have become far too common. It is also not normal to have temps this cold in late February either.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I can’t stand the cold weather either. I’m so grateful I am able to work from home and don’t have to go out on days like today. This winter, these temps have become far too common. It is also not normal to have temps this cold in late February either.
I hear ya! So happy you can work from home. What do you do, if I can ask. For years, I did an hour and half drive each way to my job. Finally, I realized I was losing so much of my life and quit.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The cold is coming back here soon to Maryland, but today it’s going to be close to 70F (21C). A bit too balmy really. Last night I could hear “Spring Peepers” starting to sing & earlier in the day some high flying Canada geese heading north. Although overcast, some early Crocus.

90E8F5B9-5534-4267-BE92-290605C769C8.jpeg

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Ok. Never made it up there, but maybe some day. What is it like in your area?

I hear ya! So happy you can work from home. What do you do, if I can ask. For years, I did an hour and half drive each way to my job. Finally, I realized I was losing so much of my life and quit.
You’re not missing out on anything
😂
It has been a frozen tundra for several months. I work for the provincial government. I’ve always worked downtown in the office, but when Covid hit, we were all sent home. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to make working from home a more permanent thing…for now, anyways. I just started a new position within the company in November which has taken me away from the forum in the last while. Lots of training and learning and by the end of the day, my brain is toast. That’s why I haven’t been on as much lately. I’m trying to change that now though.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Ummm…don’t know where the giant laughing emoji came from!?! What the heck lol

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
I just wanna see hingebacks in the wild. Are they common in your area?
Well, here where I am, it's heavily built on, but there are areas close by which look like this20220219_132236.jpg
I'm dead certain that there are hingebacks in there, but I'm also sure that there are snakes, and perhaps people. @norma.b lives a bit up north from where I'm on vaction now, and she sees loads of them

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The cold is coming back here soon to Maryland, but today it’s going to be close to 70F (21C). A bit too balmy really. Last night I could hear “Spring Peepers” starting to sing & earlier in the day some high flying Canada geese heading north. Although overcast, some early Crocus.

View attachment 340871
I love crocuses. Hearing those frogs would be nice.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning to all you Chatty Kathy's and Ken's! We had a bit of rain overnight, which means it wasn't too awfully cold. But still, I've made a fire in the woodstove. I messed up and didn't bring up more wood prior to the rain, so what's out there is wet. But once I get the fire going, the wet wood catches.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You’re not missing out on anything
😂
It has been a frozen tundra for several months. I work for the provincial government. I’ve always worked downtown in the office, but when Covid hit, we were all sent home. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to make working from home a more permanent thing…for now, anyways. I just started a new position within the company in November which has taken me away from the forum in the last while. Lots of training and learning and by the end of the day, my brain is toast. That’s why I haven’t been on as much lately. I’m trying to change that now though.
Glad things seem to be getting under control. Are you liking it?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well, here where I am, it's heavily built on, but there are areas close by which look like thisView attachment 340870
I'm dead certain that there are hingebacks in there, but I'm also sure that there are snakes, and perhaps people. @norma.b lives a bit up north from where I'm on vaction now, and she sees loads of them
I like snakes.... when they are behind glass. Lol

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning to all you Chatty Kathy's and Ken's! We had a bit of rain overnight, which means it wasn't too awfully cold. But still, I've made a fire in the woodstove. I messed up and didn't bring up more wood prior to the rain, so what's out there is wet. But once I get the fire going, the wet wood catches.
Yvonne good morning! Glad you are warming your toes by a crackling fire. Plans for the day?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Spring is in the air here at the Beach.KIMG0521.JPG We've had an average winter temperature wise but not enough snow to even get a good picture of Walker out in it. I was outside a couple days ago well after dark and heard something. I couldn't make out what it was until it got closer. It was a big flock of geese heading north.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne good morning! Glad you are warming your toes by a crackling fire. Plans for the day?
No plans other than sitting in my recliner and working jig saw puzzles on my Kindle. I don't like it when it's cold outside. . . however, it looks like the sun is shining, so it may not be as cold as I thought.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No plans other than sitting in my recliner and working jig saw puzzles on my Kindle. I don't like it when it's cold outside. . . however, it looks like the sun is shining, so it may not be as cold as I thought.
Not reading any books? What is the puzzle of?