Cheap baby sulcata enclosure, need help

Adrianax

Location (City and/or State)
South Italy
Hi! I need some tips on how to set up an enclosure for a baby sulcata tortoise. But I can't spend more than 20$ for now. (Lights not included)
And I also need help to find a good UVB light which isn't too pricey and won't make all my Money disappear due to monthly bills... Probabily it's impossibile to accomplish but I would appreciate some help.
(And what if I kept my baby outdoor during the day and indoor during the night? Would I still need a UVB light?)

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Hi! I need some tips on how to set up an enclosure for a baby sulcata tortoise. But I can't spend more than 20$ for now. (Lights not included)
And I also need help to find a good UVB light which isn't too pricey and won't make all my Money disappear due to monthly bills... Probabily it's impossibile to accomplish but I would appreciate some help.
(And what if I kept my baby outdoor during the day and indoor during the night? Would I still need a UVB light?)

Unfortunately for you tortoises cost a lot of money to take care of and to build a proper hatcling enclosure. The best way to reduce the cost would be to use a plastic tote in which you can cut holes for the lights. Where are you located?

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Unfortunately for you tortoises cost a lot of money to take care of and to build a proper hatcling enclosure. The best way to reduce the cost would be to use a plastic tote in which you can cut holes for the lights. Where are you located?

I just saw you where in italie? You do may skip the buy of a uv light if you can supervise your tortoise a couple times a week under the sun. I think you have a good climate to take care of a sulcata so that’s good it means one day it could live outside full time with a heated shed.

Adrianax

South Italy
I just saw you where in italie? You do may skip the buy of a uv light if you can supervise your tortoise a couple times a week under the sun. I think you have a good climate to take care of a sulcata so that’s good it means one day it could live outside full time with a heated shed.
That's great news! Thank you! And what about the enclosure, should I use soil? Terracotta dishes? Maybe some hideaways?

Reptilony

QC, CAN
That's great news! Thank you! And what about the enclosure, should I use soil? Terracotta dishes? Maybe some hideaways?

You do can use soil but it’s not the best, you can put coco coir at the bottom and some fir bark(fine orchid bark) at the top, the terra cotta dishes are perfect, it’s the best thing to use and yes lot’s of natural hides will make the tort feel secure. Don’t forget to visit the care sheet for the sulcata tortoise provided to you in another thread, it says what the good temperatures should be which should’t be hard to reach in Italie du sud.