CHEAP shopping.......same stuff as Wal/Amz but half the price, or less

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I found this site...you'll might already know....super cheap Chinese stuff, same as Amazon, 50% of the price.

Temu is the site...

Kerry bought 14 outfits(dresses or ensembles) for less than 10 bucks each..................for vacation.

They have solar pond pumps for less than 10 bucks, something a lot of us use.

No, of course I get nothing from it....but hope it helps!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They do not have a good rating at all, scam is the most popular word used to describe them.
They are so cheap, it's almost too good to be true, or is it?
Tread lightly with them and don't expect quick Shipping.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The Temu ads kept popping up on my jigsaw puzzle screen so I finally asked Google if it's reputable. Temu has a very bad approval rating. Mostly the product you buy isn't anything like the picture in the catalog. I think you lucked out.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I keep an open mind and am willing to take the risk.....worse case is Paypal refunds me the money. I'll let you guys know of course but they have sent tracking #'s with 5 bucks saying it's gonna be on time.

We'll see...but you guys did the due diligence I should have done before I posted it, sorry that I didn't take the time to do that.....and thank you!

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I tried temu. It's eh. I bought simple things like dog leashes for cars, and some wood drill tips. Not high quality so I wouldn't recommend electronics

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It all might work for Kerry. The clothes might be really cute. What sucks is when your favorite clothes wear out and you didn't buy more because they were cheap 😭

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I bought 2 or 3 light bulbs and flashlights.....kerry bought clothes and was heartbroken when I told her all this last night.

Of course she bought the clothes for vacation.....LOL, we leave in 11 days and it became my tradition to buy new clothes for vacation, ALL of them. This way, we have new summer clothes for the year (along with the holdovers in the closet) along with socks, under ware, tee's for the entire year. It's a great strategy for refreshing the sock and under ware drawer all at the same time. She will be running the wire if she waits till she returns from NY on the 12th and doesn't have her clothes that are promised to be delivered by the 10th. Could be a trip to Kohl's in her future! LOL

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
🤞 they come in time. A trip to Kohl's may be needed even if they do arrive in time. There's just too much bad about the quality and sizing. 99% of the stuff advertised on FB, if that's where you guys found the Temu advertisement is no good. They usually have the cutest and cheapest stuff but very bad ratings. I have learned to Google all of them before even clicking on their sites.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Be sure to get umbrellas (rain ones - not beach ones!) and raincoats and water boots 👢 for your upcoming trip to Soggy Jamaica. Just a heads up, mon!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Be sure to get umbrellas (rain ones - not beach ones!) and raincoats and water boots 👢 for your upcoming trip to Soggy Jamaica. Just a heads up, mon!
Tammy. Don't be such a Wet Blanket.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I bought 2 or 3 light bulbs and flashlights.....kerry bought clothes and was heartbroken when I told her all this last night.

Of course she bought the clothes for vacation.....LOL, we leave in 11 days and it became my tradition to buy new clothes for vacation, ALL of them. This way, we have new summer clothes for the year (along with the holdovers in the closet) along with socks, under ware, tee's for the entire year. It's a great strategy for refreshing the sock and under ware drawer all at the same time. She will be running the wire if she waits till she returns from NY on the 12th and doesn't have her clothes that are promised to be delivered by the 10th. Could be a trip to Kohl's in her future! LOL
I agree with Wellington about a trip to Kohl's 🤗 that's no. 1 in my order 😉 if I need cheap quick new clothes I check their clearance first. Or other things too.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I mentioned this upstairs at work and two of the PM's acknowledged they had purchased from Temu, both got their stuff, very late.

You guys will love this....I recounted this thread to Kerry, who instantly remarked that she has some "kohls cash". I love it!

Tammy, we are bring the very umbrellas we bought there the last time we visited! Mine stays in the drivers door of my truck and has been used many times over the past 6 years!

I'm 65....I am counting on "off days" to enjoy the rain, walk on the beach in the rain and recover from the other stuff! I can be young, but only for 15 minutes at a time....the other 45 minutes are spent trying to come back to life~!

Temu update; an actual USPS tracking number was generated on the 2nd.....that's it, no ship yet, just a tracking #. Somehow, a Friday delivery seems unlikely, from China!

LOL- Yes, Kerry knows that she's going shopping. My youngest daughter and I are going up to chat with the other side in Gettysburg on the 12th while Kerry shops on her way over to my house. We leave the next morning.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Kerry is a very smart woman, no doubt. She trained me from day one, no doubt. We all know it, I'm not ashamed....! LOL

Now I'm both happy for her and shaking my head in disbelief. I got an email saying the USPS had her package in their possession.....so I peeked..... I just texted this to Kerry.

YESTERDAY her stuff was in China....they flew their packages over! That's really impressive for face it, super cheap junk! I could almost understand it if it were an expensive package but it's not, nor are any of the other ones they sent.

BTW- no word on the stuff I bought...not even a tracking # beyond some China-internal #. We'll see.....the whole deal is kinda fun though.......

20230606_135430.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Kerry is a very smart woman, no doubt. She trained me from day one, no doubt. We all know it, I'm not ashamed....! LOL

Now I'm both happy for her and shaking my head in disbelief. I got an email saying the USPS had her package in their possession.....so I peeked..... I just texted this to Kerry.

YESTERDAY her stuff was in China....they flew their packages over! That's really impressive for face it, super cheap junk! I could almost understand it if it were an expensive package but it's not, nor are any of the other ones they sent.

BTW- no word on the stuff I bought...not even a tracking # beyond some China-internal #. We'll see.....the whole deal is kinda fun though.......

View attachment 357677
Flew it over?
I hope it wasn't attached to that surveillance balloon

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

View attachment 357677
I'm surprised! I hope whatever she got is good enough to use on the Vaca.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
So here ends the Temu saga; Everything was delivered as promised, on time!

We had deliveries to each home and we both got them yesterday.

Hard to believe but they did it.

Ok, the breakdown;

Her clothes did indeed come over on a plane, my stuff looks like it came froma holding facility in NJ.

It's true, mostly junk....but CHEAP junk!

The rechargeable lights, flashlight and bar lights, have little battery capacity as evidenced by their incredibly light weight! I charged the flashlight and it stayed on for only 2.5 hours, not much for led's which usually can run 12-24 hrs.

The clothes will be Kerry call, I'm not qualified....lol but those three sports bras better be a lot tougher than the 1 oz combined weight for all three would indicate. if they are going to be "kerry-proof".

a fun little experiment and it was fun sharing the saga.

20230607_145554.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So here ends the Temu saga; Everything was delivered as promised, on time!

We had deliveries to each home and we both got them yesterday.

Hard to believe but they did it.

Ok, the breakdown;

Her clothes did indeed come over on a plane, my stuff looks like it came froma holding facility in NJ.

It's true, mostly junk....but CHEAP junk!

The rechargeable lights, flashlight and bar lights, have little battery capacity as evidenced by their incredibly light weight! I charged the flashlight and it stayed on for only 2.5 hours, not much for led's which usually can run 12-24 hrs.

The clothes will be Kerry call, I'm not qualified....lol but those three sports bras better be a lot tougher than the 1 oz combined weight for all three would indicate. if they are going to be "kerry-proof".

a fun little experiment and it was fun sharing the saga.

View attachment 357749
Kohl's is just as good 😉 that stuff's made there too 🥴😉