Cheapest breakfast?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Now that I'm retired, I've been making it a sport of finding the least expensive meal options available.
My wife and I spend a lot of money eating out and we aren't yet old enough to qualify for any "senior" discounts.
My breakfast consisted of one Sausage Mc muffin and one small diet Coke. 99 cents each and because its Mc Donalds... No tip required.

Can anyone beat a $2 breakfast (nutritional value aside)

Attachments

• 20190225_101745.jpg
    20190225_101745.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Go crazy like me an raise your own chickens. THe only pet that poops breakfast. Otherwise byt the time you take into account buying each ingredient you come close or may even beat the price, but don't forget your time. Meal prep takes an extrordinary amount of time and attention depending on what you do. TRy cracking an egg into a cup, mix lightly and microwave for about 90 seconds- perfect size for a muffin.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Go crazy like me an raise your own chickens. THe only pet that poops breakfast. Otherwise byt the time you take into account buying each ingredient you come close or may even beat the price, but don't forget your time. Meal prep takes an extrordinary amount of time and attention depending on what you do. TRy cracking an egg into a cup, mix lightly and microwave for about 90 seconds- perfect size for a muffin.
I live in the suburbs. So keeping chickens here would be challenging if not actually illegal.
I did so in South Carolina. But it was more of a hobby and I soon got tired of the chickens.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm getting a couple chickens this spring. Just want them for pets though. I wont eat their eggs. I know, they are suppose to be the best eggs ever. Just cant do it.
Anyway, not sure how old you are but a lot of senior discounts are given to 50 plus or 55 plus. Not just the 62 plus or 65 plus any more. You might want to start asking.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I saw this thread yesterday so this morning i priced out what i fixed for breakfast. 2 chicken eggs, 24 cents, 3 pieces of bacon flavored link sausage, 45 cents, 2 slices of deli provolone cheese, 20 cents, and one slice of Italian bread, 10 cents. I cooked the sausage yesterday so it just needed to be heated up.Picture 004.jpg I mix the eggs and cut up sausage in a bowl Picture 005.jpg I then cook in the microwave 3 times for 30 second each time mixing it in between cooks. Then I dump it out onto a plate and lay the cheese on top and cook for another 30 seconds.Picture 006.jpg Then I cut it up and eat itPicture 007.jpg The whole process takes about 5 or 6 minutes and makes a good meal for about a dollar.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I saw this thread yesterday so this morning i priced out what i fixed for breakfast. 2 chicken eggs, 24 cents, 3 pieces of bacon flavored link sausage, 45 cents, 2 slices of deli provolone cheese, 20 cents, and one slice of Italian bread, 10 cents. I cooked the sausage yesterday so it just needed to be heated up.View attachment 265999 I mix the eggs and cut up sausage in a bowl View attachment 266000 I then cook in the microwave 3 times for 30 second each time mixing it in between cooks. Then I dump it out onto a plate and lay the cheese on top and cook for another 30 seconds.View attachment 266001 Then I cut it up and eat itView attachment 266002 The whole process takes about 5 or 6 minutes and makes a good meal for about a dollar.
That might actually beat McDonald's