Chemicals in Right Eye

Randi

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
I messed up badly. I feel really bad. I have never had this happen. I was scrubbing the tort using Hibiclens and after the scrub, I was putting her into her container to dry. I saw a little dot of foam on her eye. I instantly started flushing her eye. It swelled quickly and she wasn't able to open it. She kept trying and it'd only open slightly. I ran warm tap water over her and her eye for 20 minutes and then used saline solution for over 5 minutes. She is now having no problems with that eye and it looks clear and is fully open. There is no swelling at all any more. I just got her into the tank and decided to post. Is there anything else I can or should do other then watching it? She looks perfectly normal now. I think it was stinging badly and hurt and that's why she couldn't open it? Thanks for any advice. :confused:o_O:mad::(:oops:

Randi

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I feel better knowing that I have done all there is to do. I don't feel any less bad about what happened but it's great that she's OK. Thanks again. :)