**** Cheney's new heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It should have gone to a younger person, and preferably somebody who is not the living embodiment of pure, unadulterated evil.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just what I expected.

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
Would you think the same thing if it went to Jimmy Carter? The guy needed a heart he has been on the transplant lost for 20 months and he now has one. You cam have your point of view, but I am sure his family would like him around.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If "they" didn't pull any strings and get him in front of someone else on the list, then I say, he should have it. Just because you don't like someone is no reason to deny him his heart.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
emysemys said:
If "they" didn't pull any strings and get him in front of someone else on the list, then I say, he should have it. Just because you don't like someone is no reason to deny him his heart.

I definitely agree with you, if he waited like everyone else, then he i'm glad he got it. My uncle is still on the list.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Good grief, people, he waited 20 months.... He pulled no strings and none were pulled for him. Why don't we all google "average wait to get a heart" and see that the top 5 stories say "Cheney waited longer than average to get a heart." Leave it to a liberal like Shelly to wish death upon (at least what I see as) a very intelligent person that he/she disagrees with politically (I'm still trying to figure out if Shelly is a girl or boy). At least republicans are classy enough not to wish death on their opponents. Every time a republican of power has a health issue, the liberal blogs and MSNBC reporters are very quick to wish the heart attack had "finished the job." You think Clinton wouldn't get a heart? You think Carter wouldn't? I'd be shocked if any liberal of political power had to wait 20 months to get one. The average time frame from what I saw in a few minutes of searching is 3 to 12 months.

Would anyone reading this really not want a needed replacement heart if it was you (at any age) and you were able to afford the process of getting one?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
If he did things the right way, then why shouldn't he have gotten it. Just because a person is disliked shouldn't matter!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
its not like every heart matches every person in need.. this one was a match for him, so he got it..
If that was my dad and his age was a factor and was turned down.. Id be pissed.. Its a case by case situation and like and dislikes shouldnt matter.. past health issues might..
Not everything is about politics.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
As someone who was once on the heart transplant list before my own heart recovered, I am sad that anyone would wish that kind of a life and death on anyone. When you have a bad heart it really limits what you are able to do. I wouldn't wish the kind of pain and fear I endured on anyone :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wow! I have to say I am a bit shocked at the feelings coming out on this one. As long as no strings are pulled, then I really don't have a problem with him getting it. I have more of a problem with all the good possible body parts NOT being used to either save or improve the quality of somebody's life.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Jacqui said:
Wow! I have to say I am a bit shocked at the feelings coming out on this one. As long as no strings are pulled, then I really don't have a problem with him getting it. I have more of a problem with all the good possible body parts NOT being used to either save or improve the quality of somebody's life.
But I need my body parts.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
Jacqui said:

Sorry David, I must have missed the thread announcing your death.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Jacqui said:
dmmj said:
Jacqui said:

Sorry David, I must have missed the thread announcing your death.

Totally agree with you Jacqui, if there is ANYTHING left of me that is worth a nickel when I die, I hope they can use it on someone else with my compliments.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
he waited, he got the heart. end of story.........

personally I would have rather it gone to someone that actually has a life-span and something to give (meaning a younger person) receive the heart.

drxl34

5 Year Member
sharkstar said:
he waited, he got the heart. end of story.........

personally I would have rather it gone to someone that actually has a life-span and something to give (meaning a younger person) receive the heart.

That's crazy most countries dote on their elderly but apparently not us? Oh and btw not sure If anyone knows How the transplant list is formulated but it's IMPOSSIBLE to "pull strings". He got the heart because he qualified. The board that determines who can be on the transplant list anonymously knows the patient and decides based on their chances of survival and how well they will treat their heart. This thread is basically saying his life isnt worth it because you don't agree with his political views? Or because he's older?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
terryo said:
So, only young, Liberals should get a heart? Wow!! Very scary.

LOL, yeah, I think that's part of the new health care law, buried somewhere in the 2,600 pages.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
TylerStewart said:
terryo said:
So, only young, Liberals should get a heart? Wow!! Very scary.

LOL, yeah, I think that's part of the new health care law, buried somewhere in the 2,600 pages.
Good news is, it looks like it is gonna be voted down.
Sorry for going OT shelly.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And, even though he has explained it numerous times on the forum, "Shelly" is his tortoise's name. The OP's name is John. Male. ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.