**** Cheney's new heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If you dont wanto to change your user name.. just add your real name to your signature. Or sign it when you post.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
sharkstar said:
I have my Donor status on all my paperwork, as well as bone marrow for transplant. How many here can say the same?

I didn't say I was angry.....................
just would have preferred the heart go to someone younger. Apparently it was Cheney's to have.

*raises hand into the air* I have donor status on my card, as do my children. Plus we all know how each other feels about donation. ;) Also I offered my Mother's body up for donation when she died.

As for me, I too would have voted for somebody young, but in all fairness just because somebody is young does not mean they would end up living longer or give more back to their family, friends, community, whatever in that time, then would an older person. As I understand it, no names are given, they are just numbers and are given ratings based on many things. When a heart becomes available all donors who match and are within the viable time area are then asked with the highest pointed person having first dibs. It's a very complex system done to make sure nobody gets an organ because they are famous, rich, or anything other then deserving according to the point system.

As a side note, my daughter-in-law has a brother who has been on a waiting list much longer then Cheney. ;) Good news is my sister-in-law's brother-in-law ( :D ) just recently got his long awaited donor kidney. Getting a donation is all just a gamble. Some get them, some don't in time. We can all help with the odds by making the choice and making sure family knows of our own personal choice to donate.

By the way... Thank you for being a donor! :)
I am a donor and so is my husband but after all I have been through I am probably not a great candidate for a donor anyway. My big question is why aren't we cloning replacement parts for people? I know people get weird about the religious thing and then there is the fact that not everyone can live forever. Everyone wants their loved one to live and thinks maybe some other person maybe isn't as deserving. I am sure that is why the system is set up to be so fair.
We have a friend who's daughter was born with half a heart. She has been on a donor list since forever, but kids organs get donated even less than adults. She has really lived much longer than a lot of kids with her condition. It pains me to think about her passing away when she could have had a perfectly working heart cloned :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
emysemys said:
Laura said:

If members would please let us know their names and where they are without having to be prompted.

that was supposed to be funny.. falls on Deaf ears...
What?
A failed attempt! HA

LOL!!! Sorry, Laura! Some things just go right over my head!

Angi said:
I was under the impression that Shelly wanted to remain ambiguous. I looked at his profile and sex was left blank. Now I have to change the picture in my head. Shelly/ John would you mind posting a picture? My picture of you is a thin 50 year old lady with long straight hair.

There's a picture of John in one of the What Do You Look Like threads.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
This is why I am concern about them taking parts to soon.
Example #1 When my niece was in a coma they said acording to the monitors there was extrem brain damage. She would not be the same and could be in really bad shape if she woke up. She is perfectly fine. They did not want to take parts, but still....

Example #2 We were told about 8 years at the end of July that we needed to unplug my grandma. We didn't want her to die on my nieces birthday Aug 4th so we decided to wait, well a couple days later she woke up and said it was because she wanted a ham sandwich. She live about 8 more months after that.

I just don't trust doctors. They are not always right. I do have a living will and I am sure my husband would give any good part away if he was sure I was dead :)

drxl34

5 Year Member
Kerryann said:
I am a donor and so is my husband but after all I have been through I am probably not a great candidate for a donor anyway. My big question is why aren't we cloning replacement parts for people? I know people get weird about the religious thing and then there is the fact that not everyone can live forever. Everyone wants their loved one to live and thinks maybe some other person maybe isn't as deserving. I am sure that is why the system is set up to be so fair.
We have a friend who's daughter was born with half a heart. She has been on a donor list since forever, but kids organs get donated even less than adults. She has really lived much longer than a lot of kids with her condition. It pains me to think about her passing away when she could have had a perfectly working heart cloned :(

Because we can't lol. People have been trying for years. The farthest we've gone is a vein and some skin. Itll be another 20 years at least Til we can actually clone organs

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Cfr200 said:
Would you think the same thing if it went to Jimmy Carter? The guy needed a heart he has been on the transplant lost for 20 months and he now has one. You cam have your point of view, but I am sure his family would like him around.

Jimmy Carter is a genuinely good and decent man...

**** Cheney?...well, it's often said a picture's worth a thousand words:

345d797b-71e2-4c66-861b-8dc87f0c519b

b096d22c-0668-4c20-94e6-77b7048513f3

64eed699-08f1-4ac0-8ec4-4bd539ee54cb

It's really not a political rthing, it's a good vs. evil thing, and anyone who has paid attention knows that Cheney would be evil no matter whether he was registered as a Demopublican or a Republicrat (two sides of the same counterfeit coin).

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
To bad you had to use fake pictures.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
He is a human being and deserves a new heart, just like everyone else. Politics shouldn't even enter this scenario.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Hopefully he'll heal well enough to face the World Court, at The Hague, for war crimes/crimes against humanity soon, along with George W. Bu$$h, and the various other co-conspiritors of Bu$$hAdminInc, and possibly Obama, depending how his 2nd term goes.

dmmj said:
To bad you had to use fake pictures.

They weren't touched up...he doesn't have horns or that sort of thing, yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.