Chersina Angulata Breeding Size

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
Anyone know what a breeding size female weighs and measures?

Also interested in what people have paid for adults. Thanks

Kevin

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Here is a proven Female (very old) around a killo and 8.5 inches

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 50

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Usually when you read survey papers and the groups are 'males' ' females' 'subadult' 'juveniles' you will see size break-off for the bar charts or graph, whatever they use. Those smaller 'females' correspond to smallest that can reproduce.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Usually when you read survey papers and the groups are 'males' ' females' 'subadult' 'juveniles' you will see size break-off for the bar charts or graph, whatever they use. Those smaller 'females' correspond to smallest that can reproduce.

Thanks Will. Appreciate your help. Some of these papers have been very helpful.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Here is a proven Female (very old) around a killo and 8.5 inches
Your female is quite small. My one and (I thought she was on the smaller side) is only 1.096kg and 14.5cm. The interesting thing is mine is heavier than yours but if I work out the cm in inches google says it is only 5.7 inches. So in effect my female is smaller than yours. I will weigh and measure her again tonight and see if there is a difference in weight and measurement. Theoretically she should still be the same measurement but her weight could still change right?
upload_2018-3-19_13-5-46.png

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
My two females are rather large. The biggest is 1250gm and 7.75". the smaller one is 900g and 6.75". My male is 7" and 780g

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Your female is quite small. My one and (I thought she was on the smaller side) is only 1.096kg and 14.5cm. The interesting thing is mine is heavier than yours but if I work out the cm in inches google says it is only 5.7 inches. So in effect my female is smaller than yours. I will weigh and measure her again tonight and see if there is a difference in weight and measurement. Theoretically she should still be the same measurement but her weight could still change right?
View attachment 233504
I think i measured wrong the last time. So I took a pic this time. 20180319_171118.jpg20180319_171157.jpg