Chickadee

M

Maggie Cummings

I hope this is the correct place to put this...if not some mod will fix it. I took these as I was sitting on my deck when I
realized a pair of chickadees had made a nest in a decorative bird house.....they ignored me, I just thought it was cool...
zp_GuvniQ8-orKLO4rSLC6joXdp5mlq5ij5Cpzo4ZDc=s195-p-no
zEwIhBLNpmUiOrUOD68-gjtbx1G0jJNncYB0-SA0heU=s195-p-no
ra7mY5iSJOCSQ68HnFX9tTPf0P9dg42_KU2ThHDhb9o=s195-p-no
NIPcubFbDy2tyLB0ibWGeH3LHVknG0D7-k-gtecFPg0=s195-p-no

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The little stinkers. Don't they realize this isn't for occupation?

M

Maggie Cummings

It's so interesting to me. The male and female do the whole thing together (yes Ken, I know so keep it to yourself). She sits on the eggs and he brings her bugs. Then they both fly somewhere together and both go into the nest and spend the night in there together. My backyard has been designated a natural area, 5 feeders, a water source, trees, bushes and a huge blackberry bramble. It's fun, sometimes I have to count birds. I have a jay that raises a pair of babies in my yard every year. And about 20 Quail, Towhees, and Juncos. I'm really learning. The Chickadees are my favorite, but the bright yellow Goldfinches are really pretty. The Chickadee's are friendly and not afraid. I took a nap on the deck one day and woke up with a Chickadee on my forehead. But Finches are flighty. Guess that's enough from me...
There's none of these outside either, that's important
ydGXVC4wrEhK1ZG7xHkD6khfoYe4OQve7gPORwcASLo=s197-p-no