Chili, the Grumpy Tortoise (a new children's book)

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
A bump for this thread as Chili just reminded me that next week will mark the 53rd anniversary of the Zond-5 mission, which launched two Russian Tortoises who circled the moon and returned safely to Earth.

Jamie
Great. I'll mark it on my calendar. Is Grumpy Chili throwin' the party & are we invited or is someone hosting a party for him? How will Grumpy Chili otherwise be celebrating? Maybe a rendezvous with Persophone?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Great. I'll mark it on my calendar. Is Grumpy Chili throwin' the party & are we invited or is someone hosting a party for him? How will Grumpy Chili otherwise be celebrating? Maybe a rendezvous with Persophone?
Chili informed me that I was hosting a party for him and his harem.

He provided me with an extensive shopping list including:
  • rose of Sharon flowers
  • pumpkin blossoms
  • purple clover flowers
  • grape leaves
  • dandelion greens
  • hibiscus tea (for bathing/soaking)
If things work out as planned, there should be a new member of the creep in NH by Friday, to join in the festivities, although she'll be in quarantine (but I'll still make her a plate of the goodies).

Jamie

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
My Alpha reader read through the first draft of the second book in the series, which focuses on Darwin, my Redfoot Tortoise.

I’m always nervous sharing new material, but they liked it (which is good) and had notes for me to work on the story (which is better).

Jamie

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH