Status
Not open for further replies.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
ChiKat said:
I am actually surprised at the people saying factory farmed chickens are treated humanely. I have only ever heard the opposite. Factory farming is for mass production, and I find it hard to believe that the chickens can possibly be treated humanely.
I googled "humane factory farming" and I am only finding animal rights websites stating the cruelty of factory farming.
Such as this: http://www.care2.com/causes/horrific-conditions-for-factory-farmed-chickens-exposed.html

Can someone point me in a different direction?

What is your definition of 'humanely'?

I don't think this qualifies. (graphic) I don't see how maceration can be considered humane.

No wonder they made it a crime to make undercover videos. The less you know, the better (for them).

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
It is disgusting the way that these animals are treated. Even the so-called free-ranged chickens. These chickens never see daylight. They open up the door and the chickens are afraid to venture out-of-doors. Even processing hens for egg laying. Tiny cages stacked one over the other with excrements all over the place. The rating for these eggs, AA or AAA only has to do with the eggs cleaning process. If anybody feels that puppy mills are a disgrace, believe me it is heaven incomparison to the hell that these animals live their short miserable life in. The processed chickens for many of these fast food places are put on a conveyer belt to have the heads cut off by some minimum waged angry employee that just got bit by one of these chickens. I have seen videos of these employees stomping the chickens to death and flinging them against the walls. There is nothing humane about how these animals are treated. It has nothing to do with ones perspective on what is humane and what is inhumane. It is disgusting...period.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
That is why I was surprised that several people have stated they ARE treated humanely. I had never heard that opinion before.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
ChiKat said:
That is why I was surprised that several people have stated they ARE treated humanely. I had never heard that opinion before.

I was honestly surprised and horrified too. :(
I do agree that most Americans wont pay the costs for chickens that are raised humanely. My husband I actually research the companies we use for dairy and eggs. Sometimes I will admit we have found out things we don't like and had to change, but I hold myself to a high standard of not causing misery for gods creatures.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Apparently, I've been banned from further reply on this thread. Sorry for anyone that wanted an accurate, informed depiction of things :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Any posts there were not about the conditions chickens for slaughter are kept in (after my warning) were deleted.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
emysemys said:
Any posts there were not about the conditions chickens for slaughter are kept in (after my warning) were deleted.
This rule is being enforced, if you want to talk about domesticated dogs, feel free to make another thread.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
What is your definition of 'humanely'?

I don't think this qualifies. (graphic) I don't see how maceration can be considered humane.

No wonder they made it a crime to make undercover videos. The less you know, the better (for them).

This video, which I watched maybe 20 seconds of, reminds me why I've been vegetarian for so long. It makes me sad that this is considered ordinary in the meat industry. Chickens kept in good conditions where they're well loved can live to be old and still lay eggs everyday. I hope this video is an example of the absolute worst chicken farm known, if it's one of the best, that is truly a terrible portrait of mankind.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
dmmj said:
This rule is being enforced, if you want to talk about domesticated dogs, feel free to make another thread.

What if we want to discuss which political party actually freed the slaves?

The thread clearly took off in a political direction. Incorrect "facts" get thrown, and then in responding with more accurate information, my posts get deleted. I guess I should have seen it coming.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It would be perfectly fine for you to start a different thread to talk about who actually freed the slaves.

One big complaint that I read about on "the other forum" was that we allowed threads to go in all directions. We've been trying to keep on topic.

No one is censoring YOU in particular. You can state your opinion in its own thread and unless you're rude or do a lot of cussing, it won't be deleted or moderated.

Status
Not open for further replies.