Chk Fil A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
I am just sad that extra chickens have to die because we all just can't get along... :( Everyone is so focused on the gay/anti-gay that no one thinks about the poor chickens who have to die so that humans can fight about what we think is right.

Here's some information about the chickens sad inhumane lives:
God gave these creatures a natural life span of up to 20 years. But in order to meet the demand for their flesh, created by businesses like Chick-fil-A, their throats are slit before they are two months old. The cruel way in which they are slaughtered, is a reflection of the unmerciful way in which they are forced to live their short lives. From birth to death they are treated as though they were "things" rather than sentient beings created by the same God who breathed life into all creatures--human and animal.

Twenty-five thousand or more, they are packed into warehouses where there is no room to move. There, they are forced to live in their own excrement, among the corpses of their fellow creatures who have died from suffocation, heart attacks and other stresses. But there are so many that the premature death of some of them, and the loss of their flesh as a commodity, are just considered part of the overhead of running this kind of a business.

I guess my main thought is that the business is getting free advertising now.. which hurts both sides of the argument and only the chickens suffer.. well and the people who eat that processed crap.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have not yet had any of their chicken, but to be honest after seeing all the cows with the billboards along the roads, I do plan to give them a try. I wouldn't go today however, not with the kissing thing going on. So for me going there would not to be making a point or entering into the current controversy, for me it would be to try their chicken because I do like eating chicken meat.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I love chickens, and I love eating chicken. I love gay people, and I love people who don't love gay people. I don't feel like a have a dog in the fight here.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Chickens are sentient? I mus have missed the memo. If you like eating chicken eat there, if you don't then don't. isn't freedom great?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Well, everyone has their opinion on everything.

I for one am eating Chick-Fil-A right now. I am thankful to god for allowing me to sustain myself with one of his creations, and for the businessman that helped facilitate my choice for lunch.

Whether I agree with him or not, he has the right to his opinion, and I gave them my business today to show my support for that freedom.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
My point isn't about eating meat or not eating meat. I was raised by a christian man who was a great hunter, who told me that we should not cause extra suffering to gods creatures. We raised animals for slaughter but they had good lives and he tried to make every effort to end their life humanely. Chick fil A chickens are not given that consideration.
I am glad we all have free choice and actually what's funny is I support both sides of the argument. I don't care if gays get married and at the same time I think that CEO should be allowed to say whatever he wants. I also think that processed food is leading to an increase in both food allergies and obesity.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Why is your thread titled "Chick Fil A"? Are KFC's or McDonalds chickens treated better? Tyson?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
No but my point is that they are using this controversy as advertising and the only losers in this deal are the chickens. KFC will probably launch a similar statement next week and the sheeple will pile in there too..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I ate there for dinner last night. It was great. My family eats there regularly.

To the best of my knowledge farm raised chickens are treated humanely, fed and watered well, and euthanized correctly. There are huge branches of our government that oversee this, and reams of paperwork of all the regulations and laws that MUST be abided by. If I had the time and space, I'd raise my own, but since I don't, buying it from others who provide it suits me fine.

I don't care about the CEO's religion, gay loving or hating status, what music he listens too, or anything else that he likes or doesn't like. And for gay people, I don't care what you do behind closed doors. Its none of my, or anyone else's business. I have several gay friends and I constantly tell them to shut up about it. Nobody wants to know what you do with your private parts. Straight people don't go around making a big deal out of it, and gays shouldn't either. I people just lived their lives and went about their business, no one could discriminate against them, because they would not know what their orientation is.

Now on the plus side for Mr. Chick-Fil-A, his restaurants do a tremendous amount of charity work. Last night there was some cause there and 15% of the proceeds went to research for curing some awful disease. Last week there was a big blood drive with bounce house for the kids. There is always something going on there for a good cause. They have some sort of charity event there 3 or 4 times a week.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The thing is that GOD gave man dominion over the animals (all living things)...and while I would love for all of my carnivorous tendencies to rely on free range livestock...this (for the most part) is not feasible! It's pathetic that the Japanese and Norwegians and so forth find it neccesary to hunt down every last cetacean...perhaps 'dominion' needs to be re-defined!

BTW...kudos to Rachel, the Chick fil A employee who showed nothing but class and poise, while Adam Smith bullied her on camera. And a quick note...after the video went viral...Mr Smith was fired from his job! YEAH!

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Sadly there is no chick fil a in my area. I have eaten at one once on a drive to Florida. I thought it was delicious :) I have no moral issues eating at one, or KFC for that matter.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Neal said:
I am thankful to god for allowing me to sustain myself with one of his creations, and for the businessman that helped facilitate my choice for lunch.

Whether I agree with him or not, he has the right to his opinion, and I gave them my business today to show my support for that freedom.

Ditto. How dare a businessperson have an opinion and operate his company accordingly? Perish the thought!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
DeanS said:
The thing is that GOD gave man dominion over the animals (all living things)...and while I would love for all of my carnivorous tendencies to rely on free range livestock...this (for the most part) is not feasible! It's pathetic that the Japanese and Norwegians and so forth find it neccesary to hunt down every last cetacean...perhaps 'dominion' needs to be re-defined!

BTW...kudos to Rachel, the Chick fil A employee who showed nothing but class and poise, while Adam Smith bullied her on camera. And a quick note...after the video went viral...Mr Smith was fired from his job! YEAH!
Karma is a , well you know.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I have no idea whats going on with this whole chik-fil-a ordeal. I dont watch TV or news or read the paper. So whats the deal with it? I dont know why I am even asking actually. Yeah you dont need to explain it. It will probably just give another reason in my head to think more negatively against societal actions, and how we as people are so weird, and feed off drama. I do like chicken though. Oh man I can grill up some awesome buffalo grilled chicken breast. MMMMMMMMMM Chicken.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Laurie said:
Sadly there is no chick fil a in my area. I have eaten at one once on a drive to Florida. I thought it was delicious :) I have no moral issues eating at one, or KFC for that matter.
Ditto, there in no chick fil a near me.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I love chicken, and I will freely admit that I am not picky where I get it from: Chic-fil-a, KFC, Foosackly's, Zacksby's, Popeye's, etc...its all good. Let freedom reign.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
If they were treating tortoises the same way a lot of people here would be singing a different tune.. I am sure.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
Oh man I can grill up some awesome buffalo grilled chicken breast. MMMMMMMMMM Chicken.

...and serve it with the cactus fruit drinks? If so, what time is supper and who wants me to pick them up on my way by? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.