Christmas gift for Russian!!

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Hi! This is my tortoises first Christmas and I want to get her something extra special besides a meal:) I know she would like that the best but I would love some other ideas, links, photos and more!!! :) thank you so much!
My budget is 10$-40$

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A new hide, log, make a burrow, safe food item never given yet. Just a few ideas.

Another idea, and addition of size to the enclosure.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I already shopped for my russian tortoise's gifts :) I got her three succulents from Walmart. A type of seedum, a new type of aloe she hasn't had before, and a plant called "string of buttons." I think they still have them. I got all three for around $8. My sister is also getting her a new plant as well. I think plants are a good decision because you can feed them to the tortoise, and/or use them for décor in the enclosure.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I agree with plants, of course with some you will have to wait while chemicals get cleaned out unless you start seeds yourself. A living lettuce (has roots still) from the grocery store is another idea. Some clips (like you use to close up chip bags), so you can hang some of her greens leaves up, so she has to reach for them.

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Thanks guys! Those are super ideas! I'm now planning to hint down a few tortoise safe plants and I'm even thinking of inserting a patch of grass in her enclosure! :)

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Decoration is another great idea! I could get her some new rocks! Or a bigger water bowl! :) thanks