Christmas Gifts - New Diggs

SweetGreekTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
I finally got all the babies moved into their new tortoise tables that I built for them for Christmas...

Every table is lined with Flex Seal to waterproof the wood. Then I applied "peel and stick" tiles and filled any cracks with silicone to waterproof even more (and have the inside walls looking nice). I keep the substrate moist and don't want it to warp or mold the wood.

Five of the tables are 4x2x1 to accommodate the marokkensis, terrestris (Jordan), terrestris (Lebanon), and the two Russian sisters each get their own since they've shown they cannot get along. All babies are under 3" in size, so there's plenty of room for them for now.

Two tables measure 4x3x1 for the Ibera locales (Northern Turkey, and Ankara, Turkey).

All tables have the same substrate, basking lights, humid hides, CHE lamps, cool side hides, cameras, and random decor. Each also has a couple of digital readers with probes to monitor the temps and humidity in the humid hides and the cool end of the table. And not to forget laminated enclosure tags and nametags to indicate who is occupying each table (in the event I need a sitter). I've set them up in pairs to share a 4-foot long Arcadia UVB lamp.

All the babies seem to love them, spending their days roaming, basking, and grazing their food. I'll add some fake plants soon. I also have shower curtains to place over the Russians and the Ibera Greeks since they require higher humidity.PicsArt_01-03-10.01.03.jpeg20181223_151847.jpeg20190104_104253.jpegPicsArt_01-05-09.23.55.jpeg20190106_090550.jpeg20190106_090610.jpeg

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I finally got all the babies moved into their new tortoise tables that I built for them for Christmas...

Every table is lined with Flex Seal to waterproof the wood. Then I applied "peel and stick" tiles and filled any cracks with silicone to waterproof even more (and have the inside walls looking nice). I keep the substrate moist and don't want it to warp or mold the wood.

Five of the tables are 4x2x1 to accommodate the marokkensis, terrestris (Jordan), terrestris (Lebanon), and the two Russian sisters each get their own since they've shown they cannot get along. All babies are under 3" in size, so there's plenty of room for them for now.

Two tables measure 4x3x1 for the Ibera locales (Northern Turkey, and Ankara, Turkey).

All tables have the same substrate, basking lights, humid hides, CHE lamps, cool side hides, cameras, and random decor. Each also has a couple of digital readers with probes to monitor the temps and humidity in the humid hides and the cool end of the table. And not to forget laminated enclosure tags and nametags to indicate who is occupying each table (in the event I need a sitter). I've set them up in pairs to share a 4-foot long Arcadia UVB lamp.

All the babies seem to love them, spending their days roaming, basking, and grazing their food. I'll add some fake plants soon. I also have shower curtains to place over the Russians and the Ibera Greeks since they require higher humidity.View attachment 261673View attachment 261674View attachment 261675View attachment 261676View attachment 261677View attachment 261678
Nice!

Bee62

Germany
Hey ! Well done! The enclosures are looking nice and your babies healthy and happy.:)