Christmas & Holiday Commitments.......

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Anyone overbook themselves for the Holidays??? This year, I avoided the cadre of Construction Holiday parties and company & Kerry's school parties as well. We aren't frumps, just busy this year with home stuff.

I make no bones about it, I adore my sweetheart Kerry who is very much, an overachiever but sometimes the "cost" of that love is steep............case in point;

For Christmas this year, we are leaving early Christmas morning to drive to spend the day with her family, 250 miles away on Long Island, then we plan on returning the next day, Sunday. OK, I get brownie points for that.......but then a curve is introduced;

This PAST Sunday, Kerry is at my house when I call my exwife to discuss us getting together with her, Mark(new husband) and our kids over the holidays. We are still pretty close as far as ex's go and she likes Kerry and I like Mark so it's all smooth......

Anyway, I have Peg on speaker while the 3 of us talked when Kerry suggests that we all meet at my house on Sunday, after we drive back from NY.........WHILE she is saying this, she is standing in my unfinished under-full renovation bedroom, with newly refinished furniture astray, no drapes, shades or even a bed or rug down yet. A living room full of rug, comforter set, new waterbed mattress/liner/heater, wall stuff and furniture. My Dining room table(pads installed) is so covered with building supplies./tools/junk that I cannot see the pads. Even the hearth by the kitchen fireplace has stuff to be put away on it! WTH did she just do????

Sure, we can have the party at my house at 4pm Sunday.........................I "guilted" Kerry into coming over tomorrow to help me clean......LOL, she really is terrific, just exhausting sometimes!

Well, THIS is going to be a fun week!!! Thank God I'm taking next week off!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jeff

LOL

venting; Complete

thanks,

jeff

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Anyone overbook themselves for the Holidays??? This year, I avoided the cadre of Construction Holiday parties and company & Kerry's school parties as well. We aren't frumps, just busy this year with home stuff.

I make no bones about it, I adore my sweetheart Kerry who is very much, an overachiever but sometimes the "cost" of that love is steep............case in point;

For Christmas this year, we are leaving early Christmas morning to drive to spend the day with her family, 250 miles away on Long Island, then we plan on returning the next day, Sunday. OK, I get brownie points for that.......but then a curve is introduced;

This PAST Sunday, Kerry is at my house when I call my exwife to discuss us getting together with her, Mark(new husband) and our kids over the holidays. We are still pretty close as far as ex's go and she likes Kerry and I like Mark so it's all smooth......

Anyway, I have Peg on speaker while the 3 of us talked when Kerry suggests that we all meet at my house on Sunday, after we drive back from NY.........WHILE she is saying this, she is standing in my unfinished under-full renovation bedroom, with newly refinished furniture astray, no drapes, shades or even a bed or rug down yet. A living room full of rug, comforter set, new waterbed mattress/liner/heater, wall stuff and furniture. My Dining room table(pads installed) is so covered with building supplies./tools/junk that I cannot see the pads. Even the hearth by the kitchen fireplace has stuff to be put away on it! WTH did she just do????

Sure, we can have the party at my house at 4pm Sunday.........................I "guilted" Kerry into coming over tomorrow to help me clean......LOL, she really is terrific, just exhausting sometimes!

Well, THIS is going to be a fun week!!! Thank God I'm taking next week off!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jeff

LOL

venting; Complete

thanks,

jeff
A long history of bad Christmases has rendered me "hate Christmas." Hubby no longer enjoys them much now either largely because my sister-in-law goes way overboard, insisting on Christmas eve services, big dinner,...on & on. We won't be there this yr.....sigh of relief...

Please drive safely & have a good holiday. Arriving late is much better than never arriving anywhere ever again. You will eventually get Kerry trained where she won't overcommit very often. Surely your ex-wife is familiar with your organizational idiosyncrasies?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
So did I Mags.................I just refused to give up on my fairy tale.............even when beaten with bad relationships....like a little kid, I still believed it would happen. I'm still wondering WHEN it will happen! LOL

LMAO Jan.....who knows, you might just get that spirit back someday.....so don't be a Scrooge & yes, one of us is being trained....just not sure who, yet.

Well, I got a call from that magic voice that signs my paycheck last night, apparently, OTHER people in our office actually get sick.....and two of them tested + yesterday so our office is closed. I'm breaking all kinds of rules but I do have some commitments I made for today so I"m here grabbing files and stuff I will need after the 1st of the year. I'm not making light of my friends, one is 67 the other 22, I need to make light of it for me, it's how I cope with 20mos of BS............when you're only stroking 42% on the PFT's, you really don't want anything "upper respiratory" related....nooooo, noooooo Mr Bill, don't put me in a baggie Mr. Bill, noooooo

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
So did I Mags.................I just refused to give up on my fairy tale.............even when beaten with bad relationships....like a little kid, I still believed it would happen. I'm still wondering WHEN it will happen! LOL

LMAO Jan.....who knows, you might just get that spirit back someday.....so don't be a Scrooge & yes, one of us is being trained....just not sure who, yet.

Well, I got a call from that magic voice that signs my paycheck last night, apparently, OTHER people in our office actually get sick.....and two of them tested + yesterday so our office is closed. I'm breaking all kinds of rules but I do have some commitments I made for today so I"m here grabbing files and stuff I will need after the 1st of the year. I'm not making light of my friends, one is 67 the other 22, I need to make light of it for me, it's how I cope with 20mos of BS............when you're only stroking 42% on the PFT's, you really don't want anything "upper respiratory" related....nooooo, noooooo Mr Bill, don't put me in a baggie Mr. Bill, noooooo
Our whole group is a bit off...you certainly fit right in...

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
My family LOVES the big get together. We were devastated last year when we had to Zoom Christmas. However, we quickly learned to be grateful that none of us were sick, hospitalized or gone because of COVID. This year we are giddy about all the preparations because we get to be in person and present with one another. Every little bit is a joy this year—and I hope every year to come.