Clear, bubbly nose drainage

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
People immediately conclude that the tortoise has a respiratory infection...and sometimes they do. However, the low 70s are not inordinately low. Although, rain and a low temp are generally not a good combination. I have had Indian Stars exhibing bubbly noses for years. It comes and goes, without any obvious causative factor. It has been my experience that when tortoises are sick, the first they do is stop eating. Most of the time, they plummet downward rapidly and do not recover. Keep him warm and it will probably gradually go away. If he stops eating, assume you have a problem.
Thanks, eating good so far. Seems alert and ate good while grazing and ate more kale than I have ever seen him eat (not his favorite)Ate about a third cup of chopped cactus. Soaked him and let him take a shower and went right to bed. So all is normal so far

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Thanks, eating good so far. Seems alert and ate good while grazing and ate more kale than I have ever seen him eat (not his favorite)Ate about a third cup of chopped cactus. Soaked him and let him take a shower and went right to bed. So all is normal so far
Hi Ray, just wanted to check in and see how Opo is doing since his big escape [emoji16]

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hi Ray, just wanted to check in and see how Opo is doing since his big escape [emoji16]
Opo's doing good. Thanks for asking. How is Vladimir doing with the heat wave you are getting?

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Opo's doing good. Thanks for asking. How is Vladimir doing with the heat wave you are getting?
He's been enjoying grazing and marching around in the sun but he likes to take a break in the shade every so often. He seems to be enjoying the hot weather though