Climbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Concord, CA
This summer I moved my 7 adult Marginatas into a larger yard that used to house my Russian breeding group. The area has a brick wall 3 bricks high, that the older Russians where never able to get over.

Well my smallest female Marginata about 8", hasn't had any trouble getting over the wall several times. Last week I raised the wall to 4 bricks high, & she hasn't made it over yet. The larger Marginatas haven't left the area.

Good thing I turtle proofed the whole back yard years ago, to keep the escapee's in.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I would get some of the long style patio blocks, and lay them on the bricks (cinder blocks, I am assuming?) so that they overlap a little into the pen, creating an un-scalable over hang. That would keep them in better than adding more height ;) It also looks attractive.

I have two Russians and a Redfoot (?!?) that are climbers. It amazes me how long the Russians can stay braced, suspended in mid air (I have seen one do it for at least a half an hour.) They can't get over though because of the over hang.

This is sort of what I mean... Just overlap them "inward" a bit more...

KristinasPictures3818.jpg

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Concord, CA
That's good advise, & I was considering doing it with some pavers if I had to buy something. I found a chimney someone discarded at work, so I got the 300+ free bricks I needed. The price was right.

I'm glad to see there is still a little activity in the Marginata section, I check in here at least once a week, but its been very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.