Close encounters of the fuzzy kind

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
Odin and I spent several hours outside in the playpen today, with me trimming and sweating, and him eating and hiding. After a good 90 or more minutes he went to hide in the deepest part of the playpen where all the squash and pumpkin plants are. After 10 or 15 minutes I decided to peek in just to make sure he was okay and found this!
(I know the pics are tough to make out but they were not exactly in the optimal location for cute buddy pics)136.JPG 137.JPG 138.JPG 139.JPG 140.JPG 141.JPG 142.JPG 145.JPG 146.JPG 147.JPG 150.JPG 157.JPG

When I first found them Odin was bumping this darling baby bunny in the side with his nose and the bunny was just watching him do it! After a minute or two (after I started watching) Odin got bored and wandered away to eat again and the bunny stayed hiding in the garden for at least another hour or so.
The bunny isn't much bigger than Odin, ( it is the smallest I have seen in the yard this year by a good degree) and it was quite tolerant of our nosy little tort, but should I be concerned with them being in such close quarters?
We never leave Odin out unattended, and any time he wanders where we can't seem him for more than a few minutes we find him just to make sure he is okay, but this caught me quite by surprise! I mean, I know we have rabbits in the yard and I know they frequent Odin's playpen, but I always assumed that when we came out they would scurry off. I had been crawling around in there for over an hour hand trimming and Odin had been happily munching away and exploring and the whole time this little button was right there, and stayed even after Odin gave him some gentle prodding and I took pictures!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Awww that bunny is too cute for words! We have lots of bunnies in my yard where I live. In the evenings when it is nice I let my 4 Angoras and my mini-lop out on the deck to play and every now and then I catch a wild bunny giving them a once over.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have bunnies all the time. One of this years babies is always hanging out in one of my leopards pens. I don't think there is anything to worry about. At least I dont. I want the bunnies in my yard. In fact we purposely go way around them so they realize we won't hurt them. Of course I want my torts too, so,they just all get along. Even found a bunnies last year playing with one of my leopards.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well the bunnies played. Tatum, my leopard just kept walking. The bunnie would run upto him and then run back, a couple times. Once he kinda kicked off of my leopard. Tatum wasn't much fun I guess, so it didn't go on for long. Now they just share a pen together. Of course the bunnie comes and goes as he pleases.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
My pet bunnies are very curious about my tort's enclosure. They don't get much time to investigate it though because my big male angora is like a wire monster and will chew through every power cord I have in about 10 seconds.