Co habitation similar species?

everyday

Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Hey some of u know we got a few turtles.
We got a European pond turtle rescue today that is currently in quarantine. After that I would like to move it in the pond in spring with the other painted turtles and spotteds. Do u think this could work?
The European pond turtle is about 4cm bigger than the other turtles.

The pond is 8x10 meters and has plenty of plants.
There are now 3 painted turtles and 4 spotted turtles if I add the European pond turtle there would be 8 turtles in this pond.

Does anyone now how aggressive the emys species is?

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Hey some of u know we got a few turtles.
We got a European pond turtle rescue today that is currently in quarantine. After that I would like to move it in the pond in spring with the other painted turtles and spotteds. Do u think this could work?
The European pond turtle is about 4cm bigger than the other turtles.

The pond is 8x10 meters and has plenty of plants.
There are now 3 painted turtles and 4 spotted turtles if I add the European pond turtle there would be 8 turtles in this pond.

Does anyone now how aggressive the emys species is?
Not exactly sure of their agression, but they have similar diets. I'd keep an eye on it, you don't want the smaller turtles being out-competed for food.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Did you put them together yet?

Sounded like a good plan since there is room in the pond, yet small enough for you to access if you need to intervene. They may work it out. Even in my tanks, I have seen them self-separate with the aggressor going off alone to a seperate basking area continually. Painted, such as Red Ears are pretty onry on their own, they will likely be just fine, I don't know how Spotted's are.

Post up and let us know how it worked out!

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
California
I keep Euro with Painted turtles. They co-exist fine. But I think the size of their setup outdoor contributes to not seeing any tensions. If kept indoors, tub make sure the footprint is very large space. Otherwise aggression would initiate.

I wouldn’t dare to keep Spotted turtles with any other turtles. Nope.