COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
I can't believe how much rain we've had this last couple of days - I think it's fair to say the drought has come to an end!!β˜”

My roof is still leaking but I've not had as much water in as I was expecting - maybe because of the wind direction but so far I've not had to wear wellies to bed or borrow one of Mark's canoes.

I found a storage place about 7 miles away so been busy taking things there. I think a lot of it can go to the tip eventually but I haven't had time to sort through it all properly just need to get stuff out for now.

Lola has really gone into winter mode this week and is reluctant to leave his hide, so room service has resumed which he is taking full advantage of. I don't blame him - I would do the same given the chance.

Well I'd better get back to my chores and I'll speak to you soon.
Enjoy your day!!!

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy thanksgiving! Oh that cheesecake and peanut butter pie really hit the spot... So did the pumpkin pie....and the pecan pumpkin pie....πŸ˜‚
I may have put on a few extra poundsπŸ˜…
I haven't had peanut butter pie in so long πŸ˜‹ I'll have to have my leftovers first before I start cooking again πŸ˜‰

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The only way I ever eat a piece of pumpkin pie is if it's made with a pie pumpkin. These 2 for a dollar each gave me 10 cups of pumpkin which is 5 pies. That's 40 cents for pumpkin per pie all day (cheap cheap) and it tastes so good 😊 and well that's why chefs gain a bit 😊 But oh my garsh I had to have my son chop it with a great big knife and pound on that knife with a piece of 2Γ—4 just to cut them in half 😜then I had to do 2 hours in the oven steaming them. Today I processed the batch into batches for baking pies. Tomorrow I'll be a baking. It's sooo worth it πŸ€—
Wow that's a lot of effort. I am sure the pies taste great. Maybe that's why I never cared for pumpkin pie. I never had one made from scratch.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Just throwing this out there, but has anyone heard any news about Flint Fume? I know he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and it's been a while since I've seen him online. I'm starting to fear the worst. :(

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow that's a lot of effort. I am sure the pies taste great. Maybe that's why I never cared for pumpkin pie. I never had one made from scratch.
Yes that's why I never really could eat them too. There's something about canned pumpkin that I don't like. It gives me a little heartburn or something. I also don't use cinnamon. Only ginger and cloves but even when I made fresh pumpkin pie with cinnamon I could anyway. I stopped using cinnamon because I have so many family members that are allergic to cinnamon.

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes that's why I never really could eat them too. There's something about canned pumpkin that I don't like. It gives me a little heartburn or something. I also don't use cinnamon. Only ginger and cloves but even when I made fresh pumpkin pie with cinnamon I could anyway. I stopped using cinnamon because I have so many family members that are allergic to cinnamon.
Oh yeah I actually did get to see that woodpecker again. I didn't get a picture but the bird will be back. It looks so much like a sparrow but bigger that I don't always notice maybe. It has a black and white speckled underbody also. Hops along the ground but hangs on the tree and pecks. It's probably definitely a northern flicker. Google said the tree pecking like a woodpecker is just for communication and it's rare to get to see that πŸ€— Most likely female πŸ€— and it's very common here in Ohio. I'm happy the bird started visiting me though. I've never noticed them before.