COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Another thing I worry about 😜 with getting a puppy.... and well do they really eat everything in site as well as all of the built-in snacks in my house. I have a house rabbit. Oh my garsh.! I'll be having a lot of training to do real soon. Fre dont connect the dots. It's yucky 😜 I hope and pray little dogs are born picky about what they eat 😊

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Do you feed a kibble on the side? For a little bit of crunch. Briar the mom prefers soft food but my brother also gives her Purina dog chow. Right now while nursing she's getting puppy chow. With one small dog I can feed him the best for him if I know what that is. Maybe just cook and do the Purina puppy chow? I'm pretty sure that's what he'll be weaned to when I get him.
Yes I do. The reason is, lets say I dropped dead tonight I know no one is going to cook for them the way I do . Have Pedigree small dog and Diamond premium for active dogs on hand. They will eat both. I also know they will eat just about anything when they get hungry but having something they recognize might make the change easier for them.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Another thing I worry about 😜 with getting a puppy.... and well do they really eat everything in site as well as all of the built-in snacks in my house. I have a house rabbit. Oh my garsh.! I'll be having a lot of training to do real soon. Fre dont connect the dots. It's yucky 😜 I hope and pray little dogs are born picky about what they eat 😊
For puppies I have plenty of chew toys. I would introduce him to the rabbit as soon as you get him home. At first it can be constant job teaching pups what it's boundries are. But most start to understand pretty quick. It's just like me having to teach my dogs not to bother the turtles and tortoises. Everyone says they shouldn't co habitate but I have complete confidence my dogs won't hurt the box turtles that live in the yard.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all,
It's another very soggy day here and colder than it has been. Tomorrow promises to give us a day off from the rain before it returns on Sunday - but we'll see. ☔
The weekend has come around quickly again and in less than a week we'll be in March already 'Tempus Fugit' !
I hope you all have a good day TTFN

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I'm waiting on the Window guys. and brought up my Foredom rotary tools and some odds and ends. I'm trying to figure out where 35 boxes will go...the living room is crowded right now. Maybe the garage?

Now I just need the energy to do it....woke at 1am after going to be around 10 or so. I'm very drained today.....yeah guys....I'm going to calm down a bit. I have a shaving cut the width of the razor on my cheek for 6 days....ugh oh! Kerry surprised my while shaving and the razor went sideways...and cut me.
Superman can't get married with a scar like that......gonna have to summon those magical healing powers and make it go away! The upside is that my hair is so long and shaggy, no one is noticing the mark on my face!
LOL

enjoy the day guys.....

PS. don't rabbits eat their fecal matter to digest it again? They can have a poopy party....with Rabbitpoop, au jour!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm waiting on the Window guys. and brought up my Foredom rotary tools and some odds and ends. I'm trying to figure out where 35 boxes will go...the living room is crowded right now. Maybe the garage?

Now I just need the energy to do it....woke at 1am after going to be around 10 or so. I'm very drained today.....yeah guys....I'm going to calm down a bit. I have a shaving cut the width of the razor on my cheek for 6 days....ugh oh! Kerry surprised my while shaving and the razor went sideways...and cut me.
Superman can't get married with a scar like that......gonna have to summon those magical healing powers and make it go away! The upside is that my hair is so long and shaggy, no one is noticing the mark on my face!
LOL

enjoy the day guys.....

PS. don't rabbits eat their fecal matter to digest it again? They can have a poopy party....with Rabbitpoop, au jour!
Yes they do eat their own poo.😜 so why in the heck would anyone want to eat one eeeek 🤮 the dang bump on a logamorpgs. Not only that they eat some of it twice 😜 and feed that to their babies. You'll never see that. The little bunny eggs they leave laying around here and there are nothing but half digested grasses. They make a wonderful growing medium for earthworms for your garden 🤗

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes they do eat their own poo.😜 so why in the heck would anyone want to eat one eeeek 🤮 the dang bump on a logamorpgs. Not only that they eat some of it twice 😜 and feed that to their babies. You'll never see that. The little bunny eggs they leave laying around here and there are nothing but half digested grasses. They make a wonderful growing medium for earthworms for your garden 🤗
Hopefully the pup won't develop a taste for rabbit poop.
As cute as Alfie the Pom is - he is rather disgusting too! He is a poop eater and you really have to keep an eye on him when he's using the garden and clean up asap - and also make sure there's no cat poop he can get too as well. 🤮
I don't know why he has that habit . He was a rescue pup from a family that had passed him around 5 members before they wanted rid of him. Maybe he wasn't fed enough when he was a pup or maybe he was badly punished if he had an accident so started to get rid of any evidence - although I think the latter is pretty unlikely. You certainly don't want kisses from Alfie though🤢

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Happy Saturday.
It's a drier day here but still cold and cloudy. It looks as if it could rain but so far so good, and hopefully it will stay dry until the next band of rain comes in tomorrow.
Lola is only just surfacing from his hide and heading for his brunch.
I haven't any big plans for this weekend except to catch up on some housework. I've had trouble finding the energy to do much lately - still recovering from my 2 weeks of cough-disturbed sleep I think so time to get back to it.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
@zolasmum
Hi Angie, I can definitely recommend buying opuntia from The Tortoise Den. I ordered it early yesterday morning and only paid standard delivery but it arrived about midday today. They sent a pad about a foot long and very fresh looking, Lola has already enjoyed several slithers and is looking for more!
Zola had his first taste of opuntia today - at first he was a bit hesitant, but soon got the idea, and has eaten a long strip of it very happily. He was particularly affectionate later, when we had our stroke by the fire - pressing his head firmly against my face. I will give him some every day,-just a bit, as I want to make it last. It looks very fresh, and I think it will keep well. Thanks again for your help.
Angie

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Zola had his first taste of opuntia today - at first he was a bit hesitant, but soon got the idea, and has eaten a long strip of it very happily. He was particularly affectionate later, when we had our stroke by the fire - pressing his head firmly against my face. I will give him some every day,-just a bit, as I want to make it last. It looks very fresh, and I think it will keep well. Thanks again for your help.
Angie
Lola took to it straight away when I first gave it to him. I usually feed it when he's in his soak now and he almost jumps out of his tray!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
For puppies I have plenty of chew toys. I would introduce him to the rabbit as soon as you get him home. At first it can be constant job teaching pups what it's boundries are. But most start to understand pretty quick. It's just like me having to teach my dogs not to bother the turtles and tortoises. Everyone says they shouldn't co habitate but I have complete confidence my dogs won't hurt the box turtles that live in the yard.
I'm kinda prepared because that's what it's like training a rabbit also. It takes constant attention when you let them play outside of the playpen while in training as a baby.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hopefully the pup won't develop a taste for rabbit poop.
As cute as Alfie the Pom is - he is rather disgusting too! He is a poop eater and you really have to keep an eye on him when he's using the garden and clean up asap - and also make sure there's no cat poop he can get too as well. 🤮
I don't know why he has that habit . He was a rescue pup from a family that had passed him around 5 members before they wanted rid of him. Maybe he wasn't fed enough when he was a pup or maybe he was badly punished if he had an accident so started to get rid of any evidence - although I think the latter is pretty unlikely. You certainly don't want kisses from Alfie though🤢
See what I mean. Puppies want to eat anything that won't eat them first. That'll be one of his first lessons. I'm retired so I can supervise him most of the day.and I'll have the use of my homemade playpen when I can't.😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all.
Happy Saturday.
It's a drier day here but still cold and cloudy. It looks as if it could rain but so far so good, and hopefully it will stay dry until the next band of rain comes in tomorrow.
Lola is only just surfacing from his hide and heading for his brunch.
I haven't any big plans for this weekend except to catch up on some housework. I've had trouble finding the energy to do much lately - still recovering from my 2 weeks of cough-disturbed sleep I think so time to get back to it.
Yesterday it was 50°f give or take and today we have a thick blanket of snow that's melting already. Tomorrow it's supposed to be back to the 50's°f. The snow was really pretty. I didn't have to go anywhere so I just sat and watched it.❄️⛄😊

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning everyone,

I haven't contributed much to this thread recently as I've had a very bad cold however I am feeling better after a good night's sleep.

Natrah
Hope you feel better soon - sleepless nights can really drag you down. Just nap when you can.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
It's pouring with rain here again, cold and we have strong winds on the way from the north so it will feel even colder, but I'm in the dry and warm so shouldn't complain.
I hope you all have a peaceful Sunday in your corners of the world.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning/afternoon all,
It's pouring with rain here again, cold and we have strong winds on the way from the north so it will feel even colder, but I'm in the dry and warm so shouldn't complain.
I hope you all have a peaceful Sunday in your corners of the world.
Just recovering.

Natrah

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Angie
That's nice that Zola loves it. My little Sapphire won't eat it. But when you order next time you might want to plant one of the pads in a pot. They're really not hard to grow if you can get them a lot of sunshine. Even if they don't get all the sun they need they'll grow but the pads will be oblong not round. 😊

MaNaAk

Southend
Over on my Jacky and Daisy thread we are trying to talk about Blue ****? Which is a type of bird that is common in the UK 🤣🤣🤣🤣?

MaNaAk

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Over on my Jacky and Daisy thread we are trying to talk about Blue ****? Which is a type of bird that is common in the UK 🤣🤣🤣🤣?

MaNaAk
You have to know the code 😁