COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hhhmmm. I’m sure I posted one “spinning”. If not, here goes.

Ps - i sent one off to a guy in Pasadena, Ca. $15 for the spinner, but $17 to ship flat rate. Crazy USPS postal rates. One good thing is that it arrived at his house in two days - Maryland to California. So he was happy.

Now…back to our video.

Beautiful 😍

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hhhmmm. I’m sure I posted one “spinning”. If not, here goes.

Ps - i sent one off to a guy in Pasadena, Ca. $15 for the spinner, but $17 to ship flat rate. Crazy USPS postal rates. One good thing is that it arrived at his house in two days - Maryland to California. So he was happy.

Now…back to our video.

The first one I saw is the first one you posted. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is the second one. It's beautiful too in it's way. Thanks 😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No, my nephew Sam is the Daddy of Cambrie in LV. She was one back in January and as bright as a button. We hope they'll be back home again this summer.
Hopefully that's the last of your snow.
We got a pretty good snow storm today so maybe 🤔🤗 I may have missed that baby maybe.
However, how's the little dog doing? 🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
How much snow?

Pro Tip Guys;
Stay away from being caught in the "Retired people trying to remember" conversations, I was once warned.
As I get older, it becomes more apparent why I was warned. LOL

Ray, how is your sweetheart? All better now? It's been a couple days.....

The pod girls got done yesterday at 6pm....pretty amazing, only things left are a 200lb "new" 36" HDTV(tube type), Erin's bed and my now-empty two 5' work tables/drawers in my work room with my torch. EVERYTHING else is gone! There was about 2sf left inside the pod when they towed me out there to place a lock on it. I am very thankful for everything they did.

As life would have it.....
I have 8 dolly's arriving from Harbor frt today or tomorrow, that I had bought to move the remaining furniture around the flooring guy. Too funny! At least I got them for $9.99 (18x12,1000#) each and we can always use them...right? LOL

.....and for those wondering about that Shaft job....cleaning out 4 side-by-side shafts of H20 and debris via 3 "access panels" which ea weighs 500lbs, will cost them just over $16K, it will cost us, 13K. I honestly think it's funny that yesterday I "bid" a 16K project. Those are usually when someone calls you and just asks you to just do it....come on, it's under 20 grand. That isn't construction, it's a side job....LOL

enjoy the day guys

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I went nuts and ordered the bird feeder camera from Sharper Image. it will identify up to 10,000 species of birds and does videos Through an app on your phone. It's the one I knew I wouldn't be able to resist 😲🥰IMG_20230314_154135188.jpg

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I went nuts and ordered the bird feeder camera from Sharper Image. it will identify up to 10,000 species of birds and does videos Through an app on your phone. It's the one I knew I wouldn't be able to resist 😲🥰View attachment 355066
I like that it can identify the birds!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Time change is putting my backwash cycles right when I normally take my shower! My water turns off while in backwash.

LMAO
It can take 10 minutes to get hot water at most of our taps so we added a device you can set for times you don't want to wait, i.e., showers in the am. But if you don't use the hot water during those times, the device shuts itself off & you have to go reset it. Seems to work OK if the intervals are 30 minutes long but an hr long....if Dan dies, I'm screwed.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
OK Jan, that's going to need to come with a little bit at least, of an explanation for the plumber in the group.

Are you ordering the hot water on Amazon? LOL
Oh my garsh 😁 that means you can't even take a cold shower 🥶

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The only reason the campark camera is on hold is because I still can't view the pictures. The card viewer wasn't much better than the app and stopped working. I possibly have a way to view it but I'm such a chicken poop 💩🥴 eeek I'll have to learn something again without instructions. I don't know why all these beautiful new devices come without instructions. They just assume you know. I'm pretty sure even my grandchildren don't know how to help me.😉

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It has to be spring 🌱🌼. I have three robins bob bob bobbing along in my front yard.🥰. One guy is trying to get two ladies interested 😁 we'll see what pictures or videos I can get. It's interesting to watch their mating dance when the ladies finally decide who they like. It's a well ordered regal dance of precise movements. That's the only way I can describe it. I lucked out and saw it around 30 years ago and didn't have a camera.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
OK Jan, that's going to need to come with a little bit at least, of an explanation for the plumber in the group.

Are you ordering the hot water on Amazon? LO

We moved in. It takes 5-10 minutes to get hot water to any tap in the house, including the kitchen which is only 25' away from the heater in the garage. It's a drag standing naked in the shower. So we bought a new flash one & a plumber installed it (not Dan). Still had the same problem. So Dan installed a circulator(?) device on it that you set for certain times of the day you know you'll need instant hot water. And you get instant hot water during those time zones. Otherwise, you run & waste water for 5-10 minutes to get hot water to the tap in off times.

Hey! I'm in Oklahoma! Nobody said said these construction crews are as smart as you East Coasters when they do plumbing work.

Anyway, the device stalled out again this am when I was running water for Houdini's soak. I had to use use the 1 gallon hot water heater faucet in the kitchen (for Dan's hot tea) to get Houdini's water warm enough.

Obviously the one gallon in the kitchen got installed a 1-1/2 yrs ago...the circulator device in January 2023. But I do Houdini's soaks in a BIG plastic tub in the laundry room. He's grown so he can easily escape out of all the sinks & the biggest wash pan Walmart had. He remains an escape artist.

If there's a next house, I'll be checking out the hot water taps. Our inspector either missed it or the owners tampered with the system after the inspection.

I have no plumbing expertise so that's my view of the events & experience. Dan thinks I'm a nut job most times, too.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks for calming my curiousity...it gets bad sometimes.

Well, sounds a little convoluted but ok.....nice that you have the Insta-hot in the kitchen....you know, for the turtle....cause he's what matters! LOL

and please Jan, we're friends......don't ever accuse East coasters of being smart.......have you seen DC? LMAO

You guys have that poly white or blue water piping? I have copper pipe in my house, Kerry has plastic.................and we have these same conversations cause her hot water takes FOREVER to get "there", no matter where in the house you are. Mine takes 10 seconds, at her home it takes a full minute....which can easily feel like ten if you are waiting for it!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The only reason the campark camera is on hold is because I still can't view the pictures. The card viewer wasn't much better than the app and stopped working. I possibly have a way to view it but I'm such a chicken poop 💩🥴 eeek I'll have to learn something again without instructions. I don't know why all these beautiful new devices come without instructions. They just assume you know. I'm pretty sure even my grandchildren don't know how to help me.😉
A lot of stuff doesn't come with manuals today Ms Cathie....you are supposed to watch You Tube videos today.

I'd recomend returning it if you can't/aren't going to use it. Mr Amazon is good about returns, even if you have tried the item.