COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Being rather new here, I had heard the legend known as Tidgy's Dad, but never "met" him......cool stuff, Byzantine era tours!

I just felt a little dumber on the inside....LOL

Mark says "a bit chilly", no, it was frickin freezing all weekend!! We had family up from FL to Kerry's so we got the bikes & scooters out and rode to the water....windy and cold. I'm ready for 75 but since OH weather generally makes it here, sounds like it's not warming up soon.

Great to hear your sweetheart is bothering you again Ray, we know that's a good thing!
I blew off getting ready for my Contractor on Sat morning and drove over to Kerry's before the bridge was to be shut for a while. We wanted to go see some friends celebrating St Paddys day Sat then had fam come over in the evening. Got home early yesterday, pulled the toilet and vanity downstairs and ended up using 7 of the 8 dolly's I had bought wheeling stuff into the back room! Wow, worked out after all on the dollies. He's got clear space now and we chatted last night so he's all set. The great thing about him, he is "set & forget".

good times, well...till I pulled into the office.....this is next door;

My morning ritual some days....2 police cars @ 7-11.
They have the parking lot blocked/closed, and no tape.....any guesses?

My guess is fresh doughnuts 🍩!😁

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We got a pretty good snow storm today so maybe 🤔🤗 I may have missed that baby maybe.
However, how's the little dog doing? 🤗
Tilly is fine at the moment thanks Cathie, you wouldn't know there is anything wrong with her. She is taking her meds OK and is as lively as ever. My sister's philosophy is to give her as normal a life and as much love as possible. So she will have a lovely life however long that may be - she is even allowed to sleep on their bed now so they can have her close at all times. She is lucky to have such a good home - many people wouldn't or couldn't commit to long term medication costs and would probably opt to euthanize her, but thankfully my sister wouldn't let that happen.
Hope the snow hasn't lasted long.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
I've been laid low since Tuesday with flu - must have caught it off Rose. I'm still not 100% and feel like I've been hit by a truck, but at least I'm up and about and feeling slightly more human.
Poor Lola has only had minimum company this week, but I've had family helping with shopping so he's not starved.
I'm glad to see you're all well and just enjoyed catching up with you.
Have a good day!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I've been laid low since Tuesday with flu - must have caught it off Rose. I'm still not 100% and feel like I've been hit by a truck, but at least I'm up and about and feeling slightly more human.
Poor Lola has only had minimum company this week, but I've had family helping with shopping so he's not starved.
Have a good day!
Hope you get to 100% soon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Tilly is fine at the moment thanks Cathie, you wouldn't know there is anything wrong with her. She is taking her meds OK and is as lively as ever. My sister's philosophy is to give her as normal a life and as much love as possible. So she will have a lovely life however long that may be - she is even allowed to sleep on their bed now so they can have her close at all times. She is lucky to have such a good home - many people wouldn't or couldn't commit to long term medication costs and would probably opt to euthanize her, but thankfully my sister wouldn't let that happen.
Hope the snow hasn't lasted long.
We've had some more snow on and off since. So I guess that may be the third snow 🤗🥴🙏I thought for sure her name was Tilly when I asked. I didn't forget for once. Yeah 🙃 It's likely Tilly will live a lot longer with all that love and good care. As short a life rabbits can live I have to have a rabbit around my feet. Razberri is my longest lived bunny. Hopefully, I've learned some things. She's going on seven. But that said, I've come to the conclusion that when you love a certain species of animal a person should keep one in your life. Just do the best you can because no one knows how long any of us will live. A new baby helps with the grief. It doesn't take it away but it helps to not think about it so much. I still miss my other rabbits that died especially The Tazz. We had a really special friendship. Love is worth it though 🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Have a good day!
I'm so sorry you've had the flue and hope you keep getting better quickly. It's lovely your family has been helping you.🤗😘🙏. They evidently value you and I don't blame them 🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Being rather new here, I had heard the legend known as Tidgy's Dad, but never "met" him......cool stuff, Byzantine era tours!

I just felt a little dumber on the inside....LOL

Mark says "a bit chilly", no, it was frickin freezing all weekend!! We had family up from FL to Kerry's so we got the bikes & scooters out and rode to the water....windy and cold. I'm ready for 75 but since OH weather generally makes it here, sounds like it's not warming up soon.

Great to hear your sweetheart is bothering you again Ray, we know that's a good thing!
I blew off getting ready for my Contractor on Sat morning and drove over to Kerry's before the bridge was to be shut for a while. We wanted to go see some friends celebrating St Paddys day Sat then had fam come over in the evening. Got home early yesterday, pulled the toilet and vanity downstairs and ended up using 7 of the 8 dolly's I had bought wheeling stuff into the back room! Wow, worked out after all on the dollies. He's got clear space now and we chatted last night so he's all set. The great thing about him, he is "set & forget".

good times, well...till I pulled into the office.....this is next door;

My morning ritual some days....2 police cars @ 7-11.
They have the parking lot blocked/closed, and no tape.....any guesses?

Well... maybe they had a donut run and had to deal with a donut run and snacks from the store and wanted their fair share first. Or forgot to put up the crime tape... whatever 😘🥴😁

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Have a good day!
Sure hope your headed uphill.. flus never good

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening all. I’m so far behind I may never catch up but I think of each you often. All three of my sullies are doing just fine and now large and in charge.. I’m now a monkey mom of two.. one black capped capuchin and one squirrel monkey.. I love them soooo!!! Cinder Is doing great also. She had the soft palet surgery a couple weeks ago and breezed right through it (thank God)! It’s really improved her daily function.. kids and hubby are well. I miss y’all.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Have a good day!
Good morning. Hope you're better today.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good evening all. I’m so far behind I may never catch up but I think of each you often. All three of my sullies are doing just fine and now large and in charge.. I’m now a monkey mom of two.. one black capped capuchin and one squirrel monkey.. I love them soooo!!! Cinder Is doing great also. She had the soft palet surgery a couple weeks ago and breezed right through it (thank God)! It’s really improved her daily function.. kids and hubby are well. I miss y’all.
Great to hear from you Heather. Monkeys? That's a different twist. Are you able to handle them?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Gosh Ellie, you have no idea how many times I looked at the ad on the rear page of Boys' Life Magazine....put out by the Boy Scouts

The ad was for Squirrel Monkeys, for $19.95

I guess that was more than a minute ago, 1970?

LOL

Cool for you guys............
My dad used to take me as a little girl down town to a store where they sold the capuchins for $500… we couldn’t afford to buy but I always got to look and it started an obsession. Over the years, Dad would always tell me after each pet that I had “ all you need now Ellie Mae, is a pet monkey” I took it to heart!!! So now, 40 years later, I am living the dream 💕💕💕

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's so cool Ellie!

Lyn's feeling better so life is good again

My ramblings, nothing important here;
I've been in a bad mood for two days....back to back work "issues" got me twisted, especially yesterday! I was so out of sorts that I blew off a 1:30pm meeting to go home before my Dr appoint...then got ready for the appointment and saw it was the wrong day...holy jeez! LOL It will get better now, drastically and suddenly!

I went upstairs at work last Friday and everyone had the 1000 yd stare...and I wondered why......I should not be so curious. We had a couple large financial issues and the PM's were feeling the heat, along with the owners of course.
We have a client(Everyone's fav Uncle) who wanted to pay only 660K on a 1.8Mil change order and told us to revise it. Our project manager did a nice job of assembling the Change Proposal, as I reviewed when I was asked to come upstairs to get involved. I told them, "Let me play with this". We will revise it as the 1.8Mil proposal now sits at 2.65Mil once the industry-standard labor factors are included and some of the other things the Pjt Mgr doesn't know to include. I gave it to him and told him that when the Contracting Officer gets up from the floor after he resubmits it, let him know to give me a call so I can have him.....for lunch, preferably. LOL

The other is a large DC hotel where we are presently doing a partial renovation(Cap Hilton where Reagan was shot). The owner is Premier Hotels- a group of "entitled" children, The GC and I go back on great terms to the 1980's. They added 75 rooms as a Change order, but show only 32 on the plumbing drawings. This is a problem with a PITA owner who's rather forthright about telling us we won't get paid for anything missed, whether they show it or not. This is the environment of Construction today.....no longer doing what's right, just what they want to jam up your wazoo. The GC and I talked this morning for 40 minutes. He's a talented and experienced GC Supt. who is in a very bad situation not of his making. So of course once we hashed out the counts, I teased him about having to fly this mess to completion......his response to the drawings being so bad.......... "Jeff, I've got 1 year 4 mos and 3 days left before I retire" "But Steve, this job will be built before then"! "Damn you Jeff" LOL

I'm already winding back down. This is why I don't drink! LOL

Jan A

Boulder, CO
That's so cool Ellie!

Lyn's feeling better so life is good again

My ramblings, nothing important here;
I've been in a bad mood for two days....back to back work "issues" got me twisted, especially yesterday! I was so out of sorts that I blew off a 1:30pm meeting to go home before my Dr appoint...then got ready for the appointment and saw it was the wrong day...holy jeez! LOL It will get better now, drastically and suddenly!

I went upstairs at work last Friday and everyone had the 1000 yd stare...and I wondered why......I should not be so curious. We had a couple large financial issues and the PM's were feeling the heat, along with the owners of course.
We have a client(Everyone's fav Uncle) who wanted to pay only 660K on a 1.8Mil change order and told us to revise it. Our project manager did a nice job of assembling the Change Proposal, as I reviewed when I was asked to come upstairs to get involved. I told them, "Let me play with this". We will revise it as the 1.8Mil proposal now sits at 2.65Mil once the industry-standard labor factors are included and some of the other things the Pjt Mgr doesn't know to include. I gave it to him and told him that when the Contracting Officer gets up from the floor after he resubmits it, let him know to give me a call so I can have him.....for lunch, preferably. LOL

The other is a large DC hotel where we are presently doing a partial renovation(Cap Hilton where Reagan was shot). The owner is Premier Hotels- a group of "entitled" children, The GC and I go back on great terms to the 1980's. They added 75 rooms as a Change order, but show only 32 on the plumbing drawings. This is a problem with a PITA owner who's rather forthright about telling us we won't get paid for anything missed, whether they show it or not. This is the environment of Construction today.....no longer doing what's right, just what they want to jam up your wazoo. The GC and I talked this morning for 40 minutes. He's a talented and experienced GC Supt. who is in a very bad situation not of his making. So of course once we hashed out the counts, I teased him about having to fly this mess to completion......his response to the drawings being so bad.......... "Jeff, I've got 1 year 4 mos and 3 days left before I retire" "But Steve, this job will be built before then"! "Damn you Jeff" LOL

I'm already winding back down. This is why I don't drink! LOL
I still don't mind NOT working for the government 40 some yrs later. Our project had good contractors (outside printing, computer typesetting & graphics layout) except when my AA-hired boss would intefere in contractor deadlines & publishing deadlines, but then everything not mailed out to subscribers went to that great U.S. Superintendent of Documents warehouse where the Ark of the Covenants is stored never to see the light of day.

(So I know where the Ark is even if you Oak Island jokers (including my husband) think it's there somewhere on the island that's going to sink what with all the wells drilled & shafts & holes dug since the show went on the air.)

Rant on Jeff!! It soothes the SOUL like that ole' time Rock & Roll. I tried not ranting for the sake of my blood pressure. It didn't work. It went up higher.