COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yes we always spoiled our pet, we will not be adopting any more animals. We still have Tiggers sister, Itzy. We also have 2 Irish Jack Russell's, one just turn 16yrs. old and the other one is 13yrs.old. I also have 1 Rosy Bourke Parakeet, and Sammy. Sammy will be my last pet.
I understand. I'm concentrating my love for birds on the wild birds in my yard now. I had a little flock of Zebra Finches and my last one finally died recently. I think I can do more good helping the wild ones πŸ€—

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Tell Joe his new microwave is fab!!
I will. But as soon as I saw it I didn't have to look any further. It's small enough for our house. Unique and it doesn't matter the guarantee it won't last longer than a year. Every day almost, Joe nukes a frozen burrito with hot toppings πŸ”₯. I don't know how he still has a stomach. We call them Joe cannos 😁. I try to keep it clean but eventually that combo fries the device.πŸ™πŸ˜œ

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'd love to get my little bird feeder camera up and going today. The best laid plans of nice and men 😜 comes to mind πŸ˜‰. It's been so windy, I had to make Joe hold my arm while I took my feeders, hooks and wind chimes down. I was afraid I'd blow away. We'll see what happens tomorrow πŸ™ƒ

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I'd love to get my little bird feeder camera up and going today. The best laid plans of nice and men 😜 comes to mind πŸ˜‰. It's been so windy, I had to make Joe hold my arm while I took my feeders, hooks and wind chimes down. I was afraid I'd blow away. We'll see what happens tomorrow πŸ™ƒ
I plan to get my feeders up tomorrow. Hopefully the winds die down! I've got more outdoor projects to tend to than I have time for. 😞

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I plan to get my feeders up tomorrow. Hopefully the winds die down! I've got more outdoor projects to tend to than I have time for. 😞
I'm buying sugar for the hummingbirds tomorrow ☺️. Trying to get ready for their coming in mid April also. I'll get the feeder and such stuff up tomorrow and hopefully the camera. One can only hope.. And then there's weeding etc......oh my garsh 😁

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I'm buying sugar for the hummingbirds tomorrow ☺️. Trying to get ready for their coming in mid April also. I'll get the feeder and such stuff up tomorrow and hopefully the camera. One can only hope.. And then there's weeding etc......oh my garsh 😁
What kind of camera do you use?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What kind of camera do you use?
Most of the time my cell phone. I was using a Feit WiFi outdoor camera also but through an app on my phone. Recently I got a Campark Mark uses and recommended. Used that but need to edit then I will. Soon I hope to use my AI bird feeder along with the Campark trail camera through my phone πŸ™ƒ And possibly the Feit again through my phone 🀳 my best camera.😁

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Most of the time my cell phone. I was using a Feit WiFi outdoor camera also but through an app on my phone. Recently I got a Campark Mark uses and recommended. Used that but need to edit then I will. Soon I hope to use my AI bird feeder along with the Campark trail camera through my phone πŸ™ƒ And possibly the Feit again through my phone 🀳 my best camera.😁
I bought a new 4k Arlo Webcam that I'll mount near our hummingbird feeders. I'm hoping to capture some awesome still shots with it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
OK, I'll say it.....Isa is gorgeous! What a perfect little face with her perfect little breath.....
No wonder they say "bebe, the other white meat" LOL
What's the sayin? "Good things happening to good people"

Kerry's micro died, mine is sounding like I need to keep 6' between us, and yours dies, in spectacular fashion....sounds like a conspiracy.

Lyn, time to get better, enough of this up/dn stuff, ok? Glad to hear that you are moving n the right direction again!

I couldn't fall asleep till 7pm, then woke again at 9....and forced myself not to get up. That was a Superman task since brain seems to wake at full speed, where as my body as you guys know, takes a couple hours!
But then I woke at 3AM.....raced out to make my coffee before the water shuts off for 15 min....I really have to reset that backwash cycle...this is a little crazy.

View attachment 355342
Mr Darren is moving right along....my 3 pocket doors in the basement are causing him some angst with the threshold locations as centering them causes contact as the door is closed. I don't know the proper solution but if he makes it look good, I'm fine.

You know guys, I have the best contractor! He picked up and moved over 1 ton of materials into my basement before he even started! Every day, he lets me know his arrival time the next day. If he needs a break, he'll tell me today, that he's going to take a break for a day. He's unlike any other Contractor. I asked him WHY?
He said; "I don't work cheap but when I work for someone, I'm their employee and I treat them as a boss"
He is realistically 60% complete of an 8K job for him, He asked yesterday evening for 40% of the value for his first payment.

enjoy the day guys.....TGIF!!
Thanks Jeff I'm definitely on the 'up' at the moment.

I wish UK tradesmen had the same work ethic as the guy you're using. Here they act like they're God's gift and you're lucky to have them so do what they want. It's a nightmare trying to find reliable and honest workers. Even if you go by recommendation there's always a risk they'll let you down.:(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening TFO, would like to share some news about my 9 yr. old cat Tigger. Tigger was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer about at the age of 3, we were told their was nothing that they could do. We were told to take her home and make her last days as comfortable a possible, she lasted longer than our Vet thought she would. Last week we had to make that decision to relieve Tigger of her pain, she will be missed! We had her cremated, I love the footprint and the lovely letter (Rainbow Bridge) and certificate. Everything is better now, knowing that Tigger is in no pain anymore. Here are a few pictures, this was my first pet cremation. She is now back Home!
So sorry for your loss but what an amazing cat to have had 6 years after diagnosis.
RIP Tigger.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
It's a chilly grey damp day here again.
I'm feeling much better, still coughing but managing to sleep longer without getting up in the night.

I'm trying to decide whether to release my butterfly today even though the weather's not great. I thought it was dead this morning - lying on its side on the window sill, everything tucked in and I was so sad that it hadn't got to fly free. Then I had the idea to put it under Lola's uvb lamp and lo and behold it revived, spread its wings and sat up looking quite perky. The temps are dropping again for a few days so it's not ideal to release it but I may take it to a local garden centre where there is shelter and plenty of potted flowers.

Our clocks went forward an hour last night so it won't be dark until about 8 pm now. That will be nice but means the neighbours will have more time to get up to any mischief - hopefully not but experience tells me to be on my guard!

I hope you're all having a good weekend and enjoy a peaceful Sunday!
TTFN

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Rained all day long yesterday & today bright sunshine. All of the Spring flowers are blooming & standing tall. We almost made a trek into DC to traipse about the Tidal Basin now fully adorned by the infamous Cherry Trees that are at β€œpeak bloom”. BUT, the traffic & crowds down there on a sunny Sunday are off putting.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Don't know about setting the butterfly free due the the weather but don't they have a built in clock...."fly or die"....so if for some reason they can't make the trip, they just expire? I don't know but seem to remember reading some version of that. Sorry I can't get any closer....my mind really isn't like an egg in the frying pan, you guys remember the commercial.... mine is more like warm jello, in a strainer. LOL

I don't want to misrepresent Lyn.....this isn't a cultural thing, Darren is special, unique, rare, an Ace....see? Not the Nation, the man. All I hear at work, from other guys just like me is how badly they are treated, the guy doesn't show for weeks at a time, subpar work....no different from what you and other have posted. I am very fortunate.

Yeah, what Mark said for weather yesterday, we painted 16' baseboards & shoe after Darren left. Stacked them on the back wall, 22 of them, did laundry, grocery shopping. Congrats on your growing wood-working following. Your work looks really good, I'm not shocked that others notice as well. Kinda how it works....LOL You will now likely suffer a surge of orders, and a nice sum of "mad money" for the summer~!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all,
It's a chilly grey damp day here again.
I'm feeling much better, still coughing but managing to sleep longer without getting up in the night.

I'm trying to decide whether to release my butterfly today even though the weather's not great. I thought it was dead this morning - lying on its side on the window sill, everything tucked in and I was so sad that it hadn't got to fly free. Then I had the idea to put it under Lola's uvb lamp and lo and behold it revived, spread its wings and sat up looking quite perky. The temps are dropping again for a few days so it's not ideal to release it but I may take it to a local garden centre where there is shelter and plenty of potted flowers.

Our clocks went forward an hour last night so it won't be dark until about 8 pm now. That will be nice but means the neighbours will have more time to get up to any mischief - hopefully not but experience tells me to be on my guard!

I hope you're all having a good weekend and enjoy a peaceful Sunday!
TTFN
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Yeah πŸ‘. The idea of releasing the butterfly where you said is a lovely idea. I figure any person that works in a garden center has to be aware there might be critters living on the plants. One time, I found a native Florida anole living in Ohio at a Lowe's garden center. I wish I could have stuck him in something and brought him home. So I know it's possible. Maybe the employees would help you with your mission. I was glad for our time change also. We sprang forward 1 hour. So now I'm waking up and it's earlier πŸ˜‚. That means I can wait until 9:30ish tortoise time and have coffee β˜•. His Highness doesn't usually budge until then 🐒

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well.. I had to do too much thinking and I'm tired but I accomplished my mission.1679678484802.jpg1679864755695.jpgThe. birds haven't figured out yet they have a new feeder πŸ˜πŸ€— sorry it's just a couple more bad pictures πŸ’πŸ€—

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Don't know about setting the butterfly free due the the weather but don't they have a built in clock...."fly or die"....so if for some reason they can't make the trip, they just expire? I don't know but seem to remember reading some version of that. Sorry I can't get any closer....my mind really isn't like an egg in the frying pan, you guys remember the commercial.... mine is more like warm jello, in a strainer. LOL
If it's too cold they can't fly and will starve or be sitting targets for birds etc. I wish they wouldn't hibernate in my house - I worry about them too much. This month has been colder than average - normally they'd be fine to go.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope that any members and their families in the path of that Tornado in Mississippi and nearby have stayed safe. The devastation it caused in Rolling Fork is just dreadful and my thoughts are with anyone that has been affected.