Colombian "yellow" red foot ?

Inflatablejesus

Hi, i had a quick question that i thought maybe you could answer...

I was wondering... I have a Colombian "yellow" red foot.

I was wondering if it was a sub species of the "normal" red foots?

Also would there be any problems with breeding the "yellow" to a "normal" red foot?

I didn't know if the Colombians where only compatible with other Colombians or if there was any reports of them mixing races with any success or problems.

Thank you for your time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Redfooted tortoises may have red spots on their legs, they may have yellow spots on their legs, they may have grey/black spots on their legs. They are still called "redfooted" tortoises. The Geochelone carbonaria come in many colors and if yours has yellow spots, its probably just a plain old redfoot and is the same species as tortoises with red spots. Can we see a picture?

EricIvins

5 Year Member
The yellow animals come from a specific locale. They are unique and should stay that way. Do a little digging and you should be able to pair that animal with another yellow with no issues.

Inflatablejesus

Here's a pic of her.

The reason i'm asking is because i didn't want to breed her to a "normal" red foot and cause complications.

Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• 00h0h_gOHNtPfswIG_600x450.jpg
    00h0h_gOHNtPfswIG_600x450.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 54

Maverick

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Colombian "yellow" red foot ?

EricIvins said:
The yellow animals come from a specific locale. They are unique and should stay that way. Do a little digging and you should be able to pair that animal with another yellow with no issues.

Are we talking about a yellow redfoot or a yellowfoot?