Commercial food for baby mud turtle?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
I will hopefully get my new baby mud turtle in the next 2-3 weeks. I plan to feed him mostly fresh or frozen/thawed seafood, but i'd like to have a commercial food as backup. I've heard some people like the Hikari Sinking Wafers, (or is it the Carnivore wafers?) but am unsure. Thoughts?
Thanks! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can buy frozen blood worms too. I buy them for the water turtles that come through here.

I think your idea for the sinking wafers is a good one, because mud turtles are not good swimmers and would have a hard time taking food off the top of the water.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Mazuri all the way. Theturtleroom has a great article on their webpage breaking down all of the various commercial foods out there. They also have Mazuri #1, followed by Zoomed. I've always used both with great success.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
You can buy frozen blood worms too. I buy them for the water turtles that come through here.

I think your idea for the sinking wafers is a good one, because mud turtles are not good swimmers and would have a hard time taking food off the top of the water.
Thanks, Yvonne! :p

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Mazuri all the way. Theturtleroom has a great article on their webpage breaking down all of the various commercial foods out there. They also have Mazuri #1, followed by Zoomed. I've always used both with great success.
Thanks, harris- I was not aware Mazuri made food for the aquatic turtles! Cool! :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I don't have your answer, but I wanted to say HI!
And a great big 'Hi!' back atcha, Tom!!!:)
Have Seven and Sophie been working lately, or have they got a little time off?:p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
And a great big 'Hi!' back atcha, Tom!!!:)
Have Seven and Sophie been working lately, or have they got a little time off?:p

They worked non-stop all the way until the end of June and then nothing for a while. Looks like they have a job next week though.