concerned about food intake

Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
Hey all,

I recently started Noodles on a new diet of home grown bib lettuce, clover, carrot leaves, and another green that I think is mustard green. I'm trying to get him to eat it, but he's been eating less and it's making me worried. I'm mixing in his favorite food (Mazuri tortoise diet), but he barely touches it. He is a little over 1 year old Russian tortoise and he is soaked every other day for 20 minutes in warm water. I am very worried about him.

Thank you,
Lou and Noodles

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Have you changed his heating? Anything changed beside his diet?

read this...

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
If you have read all the information that has been offered here and are keeping him in the correct conditions including temperature and humidity, then maybe he does not fancy the new diet. Why did you change his diet?
Perhaps you need to take him to a reputable reptile/tortoise vet, if you are able to do so.

Denver, Colorado
If you have read all the information that has been offered here and are keeping him in the correct conditions including temperature and humidity, then maybe he does not fancy the new diet. Why did you change his diet?
Perhaps you need to take him to a reputable reptile/tortoise vet, if you are able to do so.
He actually took to the diet pretty well after a second. his old diet wasn't varied enough, so I started growing his food. he almost all of it yesterday!