Concerned (head and neck looks dry)

JovanPowell

Location (City and/or State)
California
I have recently noticed that my sulcata hatchling head and face areas are looking dried out. I soak them daily. I stain something that I should be concerned about? Any info is greatly appreciated!TIA

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have recently noticed that my sulcata hatchling head and face areas are looking dried out. I soak them daily. I stain something that I should be concerned about? Any info is greatly appreciated!TIA
we will need photos on the tort and his habitat lighting etc...

Butterfly

NC
For the dryness, all I can recommend is soaking them more often than you are. Second, you have to get rid of the red light and maybe replace it with a ceramic heat emitter.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You've gotten the wrong care advice for your tortoise and its on its way to some serious pyramiding that cannot be undone. Don't feel bad. 90% of the people you ask will give you this same wrong info. If you want to stop the pyramiding and correct the dryness, give this a read:

Questions are welcome.