Congrats Winners! Here are the 2013 Tortoise Forum Calendar Contest Winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Congratulations Winners! And THANK YOU to all who participated! These contests are always a blast to run. This year's calendar looks like it will be one of our best ever! The winners below are listed from 1st place to 12th.

I need the winners to email their ORIGINAL UN-RESIZED, UN-DOCTORED, UN-CROPPED photo to [email protected] ASAP! This will help ensure we can get the calendar order into the printer and begin taking PRE-ORDERS! Don't forget a collage of all entries from this year will be added as one of the images on the calendar. Here are the contest rules.

Thanks again to everyone for making this contest a success!

p.s. Am I the only one STOKED that Yvonne made the calendar?! I think that's our first ever human in the calendar!

p.p.s. pre-order your 2013 tortoise forum calendar now!

Number 1 - The Star Clock/Chris
43.jpg

Number 2 - Chief/MCTLong
12.jpg

Number 3 - Hatching RF/Therese
38.jpg

Number 4 - Freda/Carl
16.jpg

Number 5 - Franklin/Brian
2.jpg

Number 6 - Chad and Son/Angela
11.jpg

Number 7 - Chico/Kai Lee
18.jpg

Number 8 - Manouria students/Grand Master
4.jpg

Number 9 - Sheldon/Daisy Duke
39.jpg

Number 10 - Aladar/Dean S
20.jpg

Number 11 - Walker/Len
25.jpg

Number 12 - Tortc/LovelyRosePetal
14.jpg

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Well done, winners. Great results!! I'm really happy Yvonne is in the calendar; it's a super cute photo. :)

I'd also like to thank the 3 people who voted for my Tubby, lol. I knew as soon as I saw the competition we weren't going to win, but it was nice to see that his mommy was not the only one rooting for him. :) I'll have to come up with something more interesting for next year. It's hard, though. He pretty much looks the same in every photo. :p

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I think it's awesome Yvonne made it in the calender. She's beautiful and I love her picture. What beautiful torts she has, I wish I had room for torts like hers. Such sweet giants :D

I just want to say thank you so much to everybody who voted for my Sheldon, he is picture number nine right after Yvonne :D I'm so excited he made it in and that so many liked his photo. I know it was a hard choice so thank you to those who didn't vote for him but still enjoyed seeing his picture :)

Congratulations to everybody!!!!

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
DaisyDuke said:
I think it's awesome Yvonne made it in the calender. She's beautiful and I love her picture. What beautiful torts she has, I wish I had room for torts like hers. Such sweet giants :D

I just want to say thank you so much to everybody who voted for my Sheldon, he is picture number nine right after Yvonne :D I'm so excited he made it in and that so many liked his photo. I know it was a hard choice so thank you to those who didn't vote for him but still enjoyed seeing his picture :)

I totally voted for him. That's an awesome photo.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congratulations everyone. There wasn't one bad photo. Just too bad there aren't more months in a year. Everyone did a great job and all have beautiful torts.

dannel

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
shellysmom said:
DaisyDuke said:

Same! He's cute!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you everyone who helped me get into the calendar this year! I'm just so proud and happy!! The sun sort of bleached out the TFO T shirt logo. I was hoping it would be darker.

We used to say (in dog training class) that they (talking about dogs who mis-behave) didn't read the book. So my picture is a little bit of a play on that saying. No one can say my tortoises didn't read the book, because I read it to them!!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Who took the picture of the redfoot's foot popping out of the shell? That one is absolutely AMAZING and beautiful. Well done!

Good job everyone!

Will we find out who took each picture? I can guess which one is Yvonne's and Dean's is pretty obvious (and very cool, btw), but what about the others? Who took which?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Thanks to everyone who voted for me! :) (and you can tell by my profile which one was mine :)) Thanks to the 6 people who voted for me! :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Congratulations Yvonne...great looking torts!

emysemys said:
Thank you everyone who helped me get into the calendar this year! I'm just so proud and happy!! The sun sort of bleached out the TFO T shirt logo. I was hoping it would be darker.

We used to say (in dog training class) that they (talking about dogs who mis-behave) didn't read the book. So my picture is a little bit of a play on that saying. No one can say my tortoises didn't read the book, because I read it to them!!

cmitch

5 Year Member
Reno nv
DaisyDuke said:

I love Sheldon's pic I think I saw it on Pinterest

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
dannel said:
shellysmom said:
DaisyDuke said:

Same! He's cute!

Aw, thank you both SO much. I had a hard time choosing which pic to enter. But this one is my personal fav :)

cmitch said:
DaisyDuke said:

I love Sheldon's pic I think I saw it on Pinterest

Aw, thank you :D
What's pinterest? I didn't post it anywhere but here and my FB page which is private.
I think Sheldon loves the camera. I need to figure out how to post videos on here :p

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Well done all, great turn out and excellent results! Congratulations to all our winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.