Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Thank you Yvonne for helping Baby Runt make it into this year's calendar. I don't know how the photo made it upside down, but I'm sure glad someone fixed it! Thank you all.

I wondered who that pretty sulcata belonged to. I'm glad Josh was able to get it turned around and the re-vote did him some good. He deserves a spot!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I wondered who that pretty sulcata belonged to. I'm glad Josh was able to get it turned around and the re-vote did him some good. He deserves a spot!
He is a she. I thank all for getting her pic straight. I think she was posing for the pic. She's a ham, for sure.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
H
How doI use PayPal? I have an account, but when it asks for "pay for goods and services," it asks for an email, phone, or name. What do I use? Am I even doing this right? That's why I hate using PayPal.
Never mind. I figured it out. I had to use Josh's email, duh...

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm so happy to see that #28 got a spot on the calendar. It was slow going at first, with no one voting for the picture when it was upside down. But it turned around nicely when the picture orientation was fixed.

We're going to have a very nice calendar this year. I wish we could put the username and species on each picture before it goes to print, but I've been told it's too difficult a task to do.

But all of us still want to know which picture belongs to who, so please let us know which picture is yours. I'll start:

Picture #26 is me and SO (16 year old male Aldabran tortoise)

It would take me less than 15 minutes to add text to the images if you had access to the full-sized files if you really want to do it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It would take me less than 15 minutes to add text to the images if you had access to the full-sized files if you really want to do it.

We really want to do it, however, the full sized photos are in Josh's hands. We don't have access to them.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
We really want to do it, however, the full sized photos are in Josh's hands. We don't have access to them.
I'm always surprised by how unstreamlined this contest can be. I know there are dozens of members with the graphic skills to create text overlays. Maybe we should look into it for next year. - I bet people would love to have the descriptions available!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think we have info yet on #27, 3, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 20, 21, 25 and 27. I'm going to include a piece of paper with the I.D.s with each calendar order, so I'd really like to put the name with the picture.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm always surprised by how unstreamlined this contest can be. I know there are dozens of members with the graphic skills to create text overlays. Maybe we should look into it for next year. - I bet people would love to have the descriptions available!

We've already decided to take matters more into our (moderators) hands for the next calendar contest. And since we will be having the pictures sent to US instead of to Josh, we will be able to enlist more help of the kind you're suggesting.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I don't think we have info yet on #27, 3, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 20, 21, 25 and 27. I'm going to include a piece of paper with the I.D.s with each calendar order, so I'd really like to put the name with the picture.

Oh sorry, my bad. Anyways, I am the proud owner of the little female tort in #12. She's a Russian tortoise, she's about five years old (though I've only had her a year). Her name is Ginger. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
MONTH PLACE NUMBER VOTES USER NAME SPECIES

Cover 11th 1 8 Dork Indian Star
Jan 2nd 4 26 Cyan Elongata
Feb 5th 11 11 Anthony P Marginata
Mar 12th 23 8 LaDuke Photo Redfoot
Apr 6th 19 11 Michaela W 3-toe
May 9th 26 9 Yvonne G Aldabran
Jun 4th 8 11 Big Charlie Sulcata
Jul 3rd 24 14 HI Tortoise Rescue Russian
Aug 1st 18 28 Kristoff Testudo Graeca
Sep 8th 10 9 Tidgy's Dad Testudo Graeca
Oct 10th 28 9 Sibi Sulcata
Nov 7th 22 11 Tortadise Amazon Spotted Turtle
Dec Collage

Placement in the calendar was random. As you can see, Kristoff's picture, which won the contest, has August, and Dork's picture, which placed 11th in the voting has the cover. Favoritism has nothing to do with it. Totally random.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My sister was pretty upset the year she won because her picture wasn't on the cover. Personally, I would much rather have a month. The cover gets turned over immediately, while a month stays in the forefront for at least 28 days!

I'm thinking next year we'll limit pictures to no humans. I'm not real fond of having a picture of me hanging on someone's wall for a whole month. Wish I had thought of that sooner.

Last edited:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
My sister was pretty upset the year she won because her picture wasn't on the cover. Personally, I would much rather have a month. The cover gets turned over immediately, while a month stays in the forefront for at least 30 days!

I'm thinking next year we'll limit pictures to no humans. I'm not real fond of having a picture of me hanging on someone's wall for a whole month. Wish I had thought of that sooner.
Just for the record, I'm very happy with August.

Lots of great photos, guys. Too bad the year has only 12 months :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My sister was pretty upset the year she won because her picture wasn't on the cover. Personally, I would much rather have a month. The cover gets turned over immediately, while a month stays in the forefront for at least 30 days!

I've said exactly the same about the cover, wouldn't want it myself. ('cept it's at least 28 days)
Yvonne on my wall for a whole month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.