Controling a CHE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Kerry as just set up the bigger Viv and is using a CHE for heat the smaller viv kept pretty hot so she turned the CHE off on a night and turned on the heat mat, but this Viv is alot bigger so it is going to need the CHE all night. I know there is a Thermostat you can use that controls the CHE and turns it off when it is too hot the on again, but we are not sure were to get one, we live in the Uk so do not have Walmart could someone tell me a name of a good Thermo that we can use and were we would get this, i am really nervous about the CHE being on all night but dare not turn it off because the mat will not keep the Viv warm enough for the RF,

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
Tracy Gould said:
Kerry as just set up the bigger Viv and is using a CHE for heat the smaller viv kept pretty hot so she turned the CHE off on a night and turned on the heat mat, but this Viv is alot bigger so it is going to need the CHE all night. I know there is a Thermostat you can use that controls the CHE and turns it off when it is too hot the on again, but we are not sure were to get one, we live in the Uk so do not have Walmart could someone tell me a name of a good Thermo that we can use and were we would get this, i am really nervous about the CHE being on all night but dare not turn it off because the mat will not keep the Viv warm enough for the RF,

I use and have three johnson control A419 it has a probe that you set in your enclosure, and you set the temp for on and off degrees. Last one cost me around 55.00 us.i have not had a problem with any of them and my wife has a few shares of there stock.
This is an on and off controller, There is another one out there called a Helix controller and from what I have read it does not turn on and off but will adjust up and down temps. to keep it in the set range but the cost is a lot more. There is a web site that is only mail order but they tell you a lot about the two I mentioned above when I find it I will post for you I thought there site information really helped me. Is your electric in the uk 120 volts?

oscar said:
Tracy Gould said:

I use and have three johnson control A419 it has a probe that you set in your enclosure, and you set the temp for on and off degrees. Last one cost me around 55.00 us.i have not had a problem with any of them and my wife has a few shares of there stock.
This is an on and off controller, There is another one out there called a Helix controller and from what I have read it does not turn on and off but will adjust up and down temps. to keep it in the set range but the cost is a lot more. There is a web site that is only mail order but they tell you a lot about the two I mentioned above when I find it I will post for you I thought there site information really helped me. Is your electric in the uk 120 volts?

site is www.reptilebasics.com (click on customer care) for information

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Sorry i have no idea what Volts we have. I have been looking t see if there are stores around that sell these as buying from the net will take longer I told Kerry she needed one for the new viv but did she order when she got the viv NOOOO, Kids lol

dave_and_angie

5 Year Member
If you can get to Leeds, there is a shop on York Road called Paws for Thought - they have lots of different thermostats there. I've only been once as I'm about an hour away but they were really helpful.

Mandy

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
We have put the CHE on a timer to keep it getting to hot we set it to come on 1 hour then turn of 1 hour and Kez as order a Thermostat that will send pulses to the heater till it gets to the right temp or something like that she as ordered on express delivery so she will get that tomorrow and hopefully the timer will help till then. I can not believe how the Humidity as shot up since we set up the bigger Viv its now in the late 70s its great, the smaller one would not go above 50 no mater what we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.