Conversations with your kids

drew54

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I'm washing dishes and my 3 year old runs up to me very proud, excited, and disgusted and tells me that he had pooped in the toilet and it was big and gross. Then we both get excited. Oh the joys of fatherhood!

drew54

Indiana
Man that would be an exciting moment in my house [emoji23][emoji23] my 2nd is 2.5 and at the pull off the diaper and run around. But still won’t use the pottie

[emoji23] my daughter used to do that all the time. How old is your first and any funny conversations?

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Although my son is now 41 years old, and a colonal in the US Army, my wife and I still laugh at this Christmas day story, oh those many years ago. My parents came over for Christmas dinner, and my mom was in the kitchen with my wife and myself preparing dinner, when little David wanders in, and Grandma asks him what his favorite gift was. He responded, "I got an erection for Christmas, Grandma!". My wife and I were sorely embarassed as we clarifed that what he'd recieved was an erector set . . . a popular pre-cursor to the Legos of today. Now that he's an adult, with kids of his own, I'm still looking for just the right moment to spring that quip back upon him.

drew54

Indiana
Although my son is now 41 years old, and a colonal in the US Army, my wife and I still laugh at this Christmas day story, oh those many years ago. My parents came over for Christmas dinner, and my mom was in the kitchen with my wife and myself preparing dinner, when little David wanders in, and Grandma asks him what his favorite gift was. He responded, "I got an erection for Christmas, Grandma!". My wife and I were sorely embarassed as we clarifed that what he'd recieved was an erector set . . . a popular pre-cursor to the Legos of today. Now that he's an adult, with kids of his own, I'm still looking for just the right moment to spring that quip back upon him.

That's amazing! Kids are so funny. Sounds like he is doing well and doing a great service to us all. I can't wait to see what my humans end up doing when they get older, but for now I'm cherishing this time with them. Christmas is coming maybe then?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Man that would be an exciting moment in my house [emoji23][emoji23] my 2nd is 2.5 and at the pull off the diaper and run around. But still won’t use the pottie
The exciting part in MY house would have been that the DAD was WASHING THE DISHES!!!!!!!

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
The exciting part in MY house would have been that the DAD was WASHING THE DISHES!!!!!!!
Golly, Yvonne . . . I've never minded working in the kitchen. It keeps my hands busy and I'm somewhat less likely to be reminded that the eves around the house need painting or that the tree in the front yard needs triming, or that the toilet needs fixing or that . . . well, I think you get the picture by now.

drew54

Indiana

I don't like to do dishes, but I got to. Sometimes, it can be relaxing and peaceful. I still don't think dishes are as bad as laundry though. I would much rather wash dishes than have to do laundry. You would think that having your teens do their laundry is a wonderful idea, but it's really not. Not a good idea at all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't like to do dishes, but I got to. Sometimes, it can be relaxing and peaceful. I still don't think dishes are as bad as laundry though. I would much rather wash dishes than have to do laundry. You would think that having your teens do their laundry is a wonderful idea, but it's really not. Not a good idea at all.
I don't mind loading the washer and the dryer, it's the folding I hate. . . but I dump the clean clothes on my bed, so if I want to go to bed that night, the clean clothes have to be folded and put away.

drew54

Indiana
I don't mind loading the washer and the dryer, it's the folding I hate. . . but I dump the clean clothes on my bed, so if I want to go to bed that night, the clean clothes have to be folded and put away.

I'm the same way. I see folding clothes a pointless endeavour. If I had it my way I would just throw my clothes in a basket and call it a day.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
I just took the fresh laundry out of the dryer and neatly folded them; they were so warm to my arthritic old hands on this cold afternoon. It's my poor wife who's having the harder time right now . . . she's doing the weekly grocery shopping at Walmart, on this the Saturday following Thanksgiving.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I just took the fresh laundry out of the dryer and neatly folded them; they were so warm to my arthritic old hands on this cold afternoon. It's my poor wife who's having the harder time right now . . . she's doing the weekly grocery shopping at Walmart, on this the Saturday following Thanksgiving.
Oh...I will pray for both of you! I do know what you mean about the warm clothes on sore hands...hugs to you both! [emoji847][emoji120]

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Folding clothes is prime tv watching time. Just about the only time I watch tv.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Folding clothes is prime tv watching time. Just about the only time I watch tv.
I have fond memories of ironing clothes in the 60's. I would save up the ironing until the night Wagon Train came on and iron in front of the TV. Wagon Train was an hour then an hour and a half. About 6 months ago I started buying the Wagon Train DVDs. I have the first 5 or 6 seasons. I'd also like to buy Gunsmoke, but don't have the $$ to buy more than one at a time.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
I have fond memories of ironing clothes in the 60's. I would save up the ironing until the night Wagon Train came on and iron in front of the TV. Wagon Train was an hour then an hour and a half. About 6 months ago I started buying the Wagon Train DVDs. I have the first 5 or 6 seasons. I'd also like to buy Gunsmoke, but don't have the $$ to buy more than one at a time.
Nancy and I watch Wagon Train nightly before bedtime. Its a good, wholesome show, with values we can appreciate, unlike most of those produced today. I guess that we're just old fogies . . . me, not you (Yvonne), or Nancy. We also enjoy The Big Valley and Dr. Quinn. Nancy retired from a career as a nurse practioner, so she empathizes with Dr. Quinn. In all actuality, I enjoy watching our tortoises over TV, but they're all sleeping the winter away. Say, that reminds me, time for an afternoon snooze. Yawn.